Congratulations to MrMcCoy on his new Cavern Cert!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wjefferis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I made it out to the Mill Pond today (10-3-10) to join in and dive with MrMccoy during his cavern certification taught by Robert Neto (aka dive-aholic on the board) Chipola Divers - Home . The weather today was perfect for diving today and we took full advantage of it. We started out at Shangri-La for some line drills and then over to Twin cave. We had to wait a while for things to clear out since a scooter team who exited just as we were getting in blew the viz to zero for quite some time. After finishing up at Twin we headed back to Edd's for fills and some lunch. After about an hour or so we got back in Rob's Pontoon boat and headed over to Jackson Blue. The flow was almost non-existent and it was a nice pleasant dive. MrMcCoy did a great job and learned some valuable lessons during the dives. So, congratulations on your cavern certification :cheers:

I look forward to diving with you again in three weeks for our Intro to Cave class!!

then over to Twin cave. We had to wait a while for things to clear out since a scooter team who exited just as we were getting in blew the viz to zero for quite some time.

:confused::confused::confused:
Why scooter Twin? We used to take scooters to get to Twin from JB,but not in the cave. Before long I guess we'll scooter Shangri La and Hidey Hole:idk:

Thanks everyone! :D
I did learn some very valuable lessons over the weekend. The weather was awesome and so were the dives! Can't wait for the intro course in a couple of weeks and wonder what Rob will have in store for us. It should be interesting to say the least.

Congratulations, Jonathan!! Yes, it will be a very interesting weekend... :eyebrow:

:confused::confused::confused:
Why scooter Twin? We used to take scooters to get to Twin from JB,but not in the cave. Before long I guess we'll scooter Shangri La and Hidey Hole:idk:

I've scootered to Subway Tunnel a couple of times and clipped the scooter to the stage bracket right before the 1st fissure just because where I wanted to go was in the back of the cave off the map. I don't do it for anything on the map, though. It's all easy enough to get to. This was a 4 man team and, for some reason, 2 of them left their scooters tied off to the line 20' in the cavern. This was a cavern class so I didn't get down into the Subway Tunnel to see what kind of devastation they did in there, but as we were waiting for the opening to clear out I dropped into the cavern a couple of times and saw cloud after cloud of silt coming from the cave. We had to wait over 1/2 hour before it cleared up enough to do our dive.

aZq6SPnc6VgjWfv-4b3WwaR__QNgN04cxAdWhOGLn8-vXq1JlbCfpdKqbLPdpYEZztQ1CehRagqNZNqkXR7GMlvp-LY39xgKTzolsmOy7c2T0naE_KIEkgU03HPucleedXRxwwflM5nwNjH9LYtuo8HdAnDVSywDAI44aLc

I'm heading to Shangri La as soon as it comes in the mail... :wink:

I did get to check out zero vis. from those nice folks that silted the place out.
Also learned how difficult back mounted doubles are to move around so I think I will stick with sidemount :)

Congrats Johnathan, let's go do a cavern dive soon! Rob has some "fun" awaiting you in Intro. class also. Of course none of us want to spoil the "fun" for you so I won't say anymore.

Rob I guess you have got another person hooked on crack! I hope you are proud of yourself...Johnathan will now be broke for a very long time because of his new addiction! Dude, how do you sleep at night!:D

Congrats Johnathan, let's go do a cavern dive soon! Rob has some "fun" awaiting you in Intro. class also. Of course none of us want to spoil the "fun" for you so I won't say anymore.

Rob I guess you have got another person hooked on crack! I hope you are proud of yourself...Johnathan will now be broke for a very long time because of his new addiction! Dude, how do you sleep at night!:D

I won't be back untill the basic cave course in 3 weeks but we are planning a few extra dives for that weekend. Rob gave us the evil laugh and said that course is one of his favorites to teach so there is not telling what kind of tricks he has up his sleeve!:popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom