Confused and need clarification -Atomic T1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scottri:
"I would not be looking for a T1 however since the current model is the T2. T1's have been sitting on the shelf for a while if they are available"

The above statement is incorrect. The T1 is the Titanium 1st stage. The T2 is a chrome plated brass first stage. Both are current, the T1 is not older than the T2.

Wrong!,

T2 = Titanium 1st stage / 2nd stage, good to 40% nitrox
M1 = Monel 1st stage / mix of titanium & zirconium, good to 80% nitrox
B2 = Brass 1st stage / Titanium 2nd stage, good to 40% nitrox
Z2 = Brass 1st stage / mix of titanium & zirconium, good to 40% nitrox

plwtwo you're a = :wallywink

Only 227 times last year? When are you going to start diving, boy? :D

the K

Oops, Mine is the B1 T2 in those days ('98) it was B for chrome plated brass and T for the titanium first stages. Either way, new or old the Atomics are great regs.

Scottri... T2's started shipping March of 05. ...where Atomic actually sold 5 to a couple dealers... ALL T1's, T1X's and T2's have Titanium 1st stages...Some T1's had MONEL piston and springs, but most are stainless.

B1T's Actually meant Brass 1st stages and Titanium 2nd's..

KRAKEN..That was with almost two months off for the BABY...

Regardless, Atomics can't be surpassed for good breathing!!!

. . . so, what's wrong with the bath tub????

But that's just my opinion.

the K

Can't argue with The Kraken, I love my old Atomic. The only thing close that I have direct experience with is the Apeks ATX200. My Atomic has been a work horse for 8 years now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom