Confined water certified...I don't think I should have passed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NoDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I will provide details later. Suffice it to say, I was rushed through a diving course and I am in no way qualified to dive in any situation, in my estimation.

Well, if you have the card, why not plan a vacation (holiday) at some nice tropical location and schedule a resort/refresher course with an instructor there? Could be fun and give you the confidence to proceed.

Certification processes; meet and greet, water test, meet and greet again cause your were blown away at what you just accomplished. Equipment set up at pool, supervised by the instructor, Dive Master or Assistant Instructor. Adjusted to the student schedule, confined water instructor demo, student performs demo of each skill, fun pool cruising at depth, instructor explain results of confined water demos, building confidence in diver, well explained communicative back brief from each performance skill. Building confidence in the new diver student. And you are supervised the entire time in the waters during confined and open water. During open water, instructor demos, student demos same skill performance, final exam, and make-ups if any. Your class is to build open water confidence in you - the new diver, from your learning, comprehension level - what went wrong. :idk: Oh yes, welcome to our scuba world. I commend you for the your efforts.

We are here to help you any way we can.

You really need to share you experiences and observations. Did you discuss your feelings about you comfort level, and preparedness to dive with the instructor?

Are there alternative instructors anywhere near you that you can also speak with? Interviewing, to find the instructor who will spend the time and effort with you, both prior to your class, and as long as it takes during class, to make you feel secure and prepared,is more than 1/2 the battle. Not all instructors are the same. Some will rush, to get you through their class, and out the door, while others really care, and lean over backward to make sure they produce safe comfortable, and skilled divers.

Possibly you are better prepared than you think, and a few lessons with a new instructor would be all you need to become more comfortable with those skills you do have, but are yet unsure of.

I've learned much more on Scubaboard than I ever learned in OW class. Please tell your story and ask for help ;-)!

Reactions: Jax
Interested. I've felt and seen circumstances where a diver was just pushed through. I felt as though it was about quantity less quality.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom