Confess your SCUBA sins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I never, ever walk with my fins on... even when a crewman tells me to "don your fins and walk to the rear of the boat."

Horrendously stupid idea and I simply won't do it.

my second ocean dive was to 120fsw. it was about dive 10. i lived, but i know i'm going to dive heck for it.

i'm full cave, but never did rescue.

my first doubles dive was in peacock 3.

repent, repent, ye sinners!

My first doubles dive was in orange grove went about 500 feet

3. Getting into an extremely loud discussion with a french dique diver who probably had 10x the experience I did. Because he was pushing me out of his ways several times and then had the nerve to tell me off on the boat when I got fed up and returned the favour. One of his gold nuggets was that I "was too close to my buddy"..

That is why we have dive knives. Stab you buddy once. Usually it doesn't take more than two stabs before 1. They stop doing that or 2. they bleed out. :-D

- First post-OW dives to 80+ feet including swim-throughs (Cozumel)
- Surface often with under 300 psi (but never on a serious open ocean dive)
- Still think my forehead is the perfect parking place for my mask ... screw the scuba police
- Often hold my breath at depth to float over obstacles on drift dives
- Buy stainless hardware from Ace hardware
- I thought peeing in my wetsuit was required

Last edited:
-I own a pair of Split Fins
-Stood in the same room with someone who owns a Spare Air
-I don't own a BPW
-I still have and use an Airsource 3
-I have a Hoseless AI computer with no Analog SPG installed (I do own an SPG though)
-I have used my computer for dive planning (not tables)
-I have dived with a cattleboat type operator, and liked it.
-I am a vacation diver
-I have purchased gear from an LDS, sometimes without even considering online pricing.

That should be enough to make me a sinner in some form to everyone.

One of his gold nuggets was that I "was too close to my buddy"..
Yeah, I hate it when old instructors tell me how to teach. One suggested that students in back inflate is tantamount to drowning them. Elena made me leave the shop after I asked her WHY she was so stupid? :D :D :D

You know Pete, trying to drown your students is not nice :p

The part that pissed me off the most about him telling me to NOT be close to my buddy was the fact that just the day before my buddy blew an o-ring at depth with a subsequent rapid loss of air and air-share exit (Link should be in my signature)..

Forgot the big one. Shell collector since 1969. Scuba sin post 1990. Real sin?......

My biggest sin...
I only read the first 2-3 pages of Scubaboard Forum Thread, then I jump to the bottom and post... I dont even care if someone else already said the exact same thing...

-I once walked away from a single 80 setup while it was unbungeed to the dive bench.
-I've peed not only in my wetsuit, but my drysuit. (3 hrs of deco and a p-valve malfunction left me no choice :D)
-I have yellow webbing and a halcyon wing... on my rebreather.
-I've deliberately exited a cave in a four man team using a glow stick

Back
Top Bottom