Conditions in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seansrs36

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone been to the Keys lately? How are the conditions? Headed there next week to hopefully dive the Duane, Bibb and Grove. Would love to hear how conditons are.

Thanks,

Sean

It looks like the conditions suck right now down in the Keys. Anyone been out diving? I talked with Rainbow Reef this morning. They had to turn around due to high swells. I really hope that the conditions improve down in the Keys.

Humm....We went out both dives today, only 3' - 5'.

You can keep up with our real time dive reports by looking at our Conch Republic Divers RSS Dive Feed. This feed is updated real time after our our dives. If there's nothing there just check back later, but it's updated by 6PM every night.

Enjoy.....

Good Diving,

We were down there last week and dives were getting cancelled due to high winds. We were to go out the 28th and got cancelled, but did get out the 29th in the morning, 2nd dive waters were getting rough again.
I feel bad for the dive shops, it sounds as if they lost a ton of dives over a week+ timeframe due to the winds.

We were down there last week and dives were getting cancelled due to high winds. We were to go out the 28th and got cancelled, but did get out the 29th in the morning, 2nd dive waters were getting rough again.
I feel bad for the dive shops, it sounds as if they lost a ton of dives over a week+ timeframe due to the winds.

This has been a VERY windy winter

Humm....We went out both dives today, only 3' - 5'.

You can keep up with our real time dive reports by looking at our Conch Republic Divers RSS Dive Feed. This feed is updated real time after our our dives. If there's nothing there just check back later, but it's updated by 6PM every night.

Enjoy.....

Good Diving,

Hey Gary! So um, what does it take for you guys NOT to go out??? :rofl3:

Hey Gary! So um, what does it take for you guys NOT to go out??? :rofl3:

Well Ben I can tell you that we consider several factors before letting divers in the water and safety is always number 1 in our book. Wave height is not really the issue, but the period between is.

As I have always said....."Getting off the boat is not the issue, but getting back on is". When waves start approaching 5' to 6' sustained, then you'll not see us out there for safety sake.

Good Diving,

Well here in Key Largo the viz sucks, its pretty choppy seas, and bad current. Sorry about the news.:shakehead:

Gary-- I agree 100%. Staring at that platform rising six feet over my head then plunging three feet under me judging the timing like a High Cliff diver is exciting but not my idea of a fun day at sea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom