Question Largo to cave diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How far from Largo (not Key Largo) to cave diving?
Thanks.
From Largo near St. Pete/Clearwater, it's about 3 hours over to cave country. Once you're on i75 it's pretty smooth, but getting off of the Largo peninsula takes some time.

Also, from Largo to Hudson, Buford, and Eagles Nest is much shorter, probably between 1-2hrs max.

How far from Largo (not Key Largo) to cave diving?
Thanks.
I live in st Pete and my business is in largo. As was said, about 3 hours but depends on where you’re going and where exactly you are. Parts of st Pete and largo are quick trips to the interstate amd some areas add 15-20 mins to get to the interstate. From st Pete it’s 2.5 hours to Ginnie if traffic is good, 3 if busy. St Pete to peacock 3-3.5 hours

Would be great to go diving with you again.

Let me know, I love showing people my favorite caves.
From st Pete it’s 2.5 hours to Ginnie if traffic is good, 3 if busy. St Pete to peacock 3-3.5 hours

Traffic can make a big difference. Once I left a bit late and it added at least 30 minutes without any accidents as the traffic was worse as I hit the start of Tampa's rush hour, the prime of Ocala's, and the tail end of Gainesville's. Add an accident and it can easier get to over an hour longer.

Let me know, I love showing people my favorite caves.

Traffic can make a big difference. Once I left a bit late and it added at least 30 minutes without any accidents as the traffic was worse as I hit the start of Tampa's rush hour, the prime of Ocala's, and the tail end of Gainesville's. Add an accident and it can easier get to over an hour longer.
Yeah, that always sucks. My day to go dive was always thursdays but I got out of solo diving for a bit after a couple hits before I got my pfo fixed. Im hoping to get back to some of my thursday weekday dives. Tired of being relegated to weekends. But weekdays definitely make the timing to avoid traffic much nmore important. The new "express lanes" are nice, but wish they went further. Maybe they will when the howard franklin is done.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom