Conditions beginning of May at West Bay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrex

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We're thing of making our first trip to Roatan the beginning of May (unless we go back to Belize). We would stay on West Bay. What would conditions be like in May? Any good dive op recommendations in West Bay that usually only take out 6-8 divers?

Best time of year! Look for water temps of 82° and maybe a bit more.

Was there early May in 2010 and only one way to sum it up...PERFECT! Water temps were great and bright sunny days, good viz for diving. I stay and dive with Bananarama in West Bay. I can't speak for any of the other shops, but I've enjoyed my trips with them and the dive shop staff are great. They will take max of 8 divers on a boat. Even if you don't stay there, there are people who dive with them.

Bananarama Dive Resort

Second the Bananarama recommendation. Good prices and you get the basics for the stay. My wife and I don't need fancy. Dive staff is excellent. Haven't stayed there in May but last year and this year were late Feb. & early March. Water temps were consistent at 83 this year. We're looking at going back in September to get a feel for the summer.

I've gone diving with a few places in West Bay and West End and I almost always go back to Bananarama. Always small boats. Also the snorkeling and wall right off the beach is awesome. I recommend staying at Infinity Bay, it's 100 yards to Bananarama and has full kitchens with all the amenities that you want. You can rent a one bedroom or a premiere studio through vrbo or through the resort for $100 to $150 a night depending on what deals they are offering at the time. I'm heading down in two weeks. It's a really nice place, great beach, tons of other places within walking distance and having a full condo is awesome for making drinks or breakfast / lunch. Dinner we usually go out. Great experience every time and fantastic diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom