Condensation in Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ddown

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I though I had a leak today but since I came home and put bottles in wrist and Neck it's been blown up full size checked zipper, Valves, Seams with soapy water no leaks. Water temp 42 and other than a damp crotch from a knit panel down there never anything like today. I'm thinking about upgrading to DUI undergarments from my woolly bear with outer shell I figure that damn crotch panel has to go. Getting 400G Thinsulate every one says thats the warmest. Other than a crooked neck seal any one have any ideas other than condensation? really uncomfortable by the end of second dive. I could feel when I hit inflator right on my chest. I wore UnderArmor long sleeve shirt under suit.

Feedback ideas.
Suit is OS Sytems front Zip with the factory woolies no rotating fill valve.

Sometimes you can find a leak better with a dark room and a flashlight.

BTW, if you have a local Diving Concepts dealer, their TPS Thinsulate undergarments are amazing. So much more slick than DUI's. And they're warm.. I was in 32 degree water 45 minutes yesterday and was *toasty* warm.

12 hrs inflated with nary a leak in the suit, boy the condensation was bad I've never had it that bad maybe a little damp but I was really soaked in the woolies and the outer cover was glistening with Moisture. Really a different dive day. but the Viz in the old quarry keeps getting better with the growing mussel population.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom