Computer: Stick with used D6 or go entry level?

Be happy with the D6 and don't think about it anymore?

• Sell it and buy new entry level comp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sell it and buy a different secondhand comp

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone! Looks like I'm keeping it.

Mainly I was just concerned because after a snoop around SB, it looked like a lot of people's perfectly functional Suuntos had given up the ghost eventually.

Thanks everyone! Looks like I'm keeping it.
Good decision.
MagicalCatboy:
Mainly I was just concerned because after a snoop around SB, it looked like a lot of people's perfectly functional Suuntos had given up the ghost eventually.
'Eventually' is probably the correct description. Very few electronic devices last forever. Yes, Suunto does have a particular history of issues with depth sensors. Actually, many dive computer brands and models do. But, what is interesting is that Suunto computers usually last long enough for depth sensor issues to develop, whereas some other computers fail earlier for different reasons. :)

Now, there was one bad 'batch' of Suunto depth sensors manufactured back in the early 2000's, and after that there has been pretty good longevity. In fact, I just retired a Suunto HeLO2 after 12+ years of service, and it was purchased used, so it had some wear on it before I got it. By way of comparison, I have a Liquivision X1 that I have had for 8+ years, and it still works well. But, it was the second replacement for a X1 I purchased new (for a whole lot more than a Suunto, BTW) - the first X1 computer, and the first replacement X1, both failed within a couple of years due to . . . depth senor failures. Ultimately, Liquivision installed dual sensoprs in their computers as a result.

Back
Top Bottom