computer lost U/W in cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rebelrph

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Tuesday May 10th I lost a computer at Palancar Cuevones area. We dropped in a little south of the normal starting part, but not my much. We stayed a little shallower than normal due to a new diver having some difficulties. It was in a wrist mount that was clipped to my console with a large stainless steel clip. I THINK it came off when i sent up my surface marker at the start of our ascent to the safety stop, not sure though. It's a Genesis React Pro. I can give a more specific description if someone thinks they found it.

I swam against the current to where I deployed Surface marker, but didn't see it. The DM and I dropped back in about 1/2 way through the dived area and did a quick 10 minute search to where I deployed to no avail.

I was once told that "THINGS DON'T STAY LOST FOR LONG IN COZUMEL" so I'm sure someone has found it by now.

I know this is a really long shot... but worth a gamble.

thanks

TC

Hey TC, hope someone finds tour computer.

I enjoyed diving with you. Maybe I will run into you again, my wife and I try to get to cozumel twice a year, usually may and october.

Safe travels

Terry

p.s. did not get to shoot lionfish the next day, got moved to Edgar's boat and Javier had a new group.

p.s. did not get to shoot lionfish the next day, got moved to Edgar's boat and Javier had a new group.

HATE it when that happens!

trying to work out my work schedule for a 4 WEEK trip in September 4th through Oct 2nd... not all is done now, but looking promising. I have a really good design for a spear and have made a couple of prototypes and 4 finished models. They work great in the pool with a pillow cushion, so I can't wait to try on the real thing.
The condo you stayed in... do you have connections for it's use or was it a rental? I have some friends who want to come, but aren't divers (yet) so can't stay at Villa Aldora. Not sure , but I've done presentations on diving where the man was an audience member and he said he would like to dive, but hasn't yet. I was trying to find them somewhere close to Villa to come when we are there.

no news on computer, so it's top of my Father's Day list...

Hopefully we'll cross bubble trails again... take care

TC

like the puffer fish shot

We usually try to go late October, end of fiscal year is the end of September, so have to get past inventory at all three branches before I can take off.

Good luck with the spears, let us all know you score when you return.

The condo was a rental. The owners are a very nice couple from Minnesota. It was a 2 bedroom with king size bed and jacuzzi in the master bedroom, second beedroom has 2 queen size beds, 2 bathrooms with walk in shower in the master. Full kitchen and balconys off the master bedroom and the living room. Send me a P.M. if you would like contact information.

Safe travels

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom