Computer Display Size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hydroknot

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Bought my first computer: Oceanic Geo 2. I like it because I can wear it diving or as a day-to-day watch because of its low profile; however, I am farsighted. I don't need glasses for driving, but I do need 2.0 diopter reading glasses to read a magazine or book. Any one else who is farsighted and dives with the Geo 2? Is there a dive computer out there with data displayed in a larger font? Probably means a larger computer. Thanks.

Larger font won't necessarily be better for you. Any of the computers that have an OLED display will be extremely easy to read and may be your best answer.

I have progressives, but not for diving and as such, close-in things are a pain to see. I have an Oceanic XR-2 and a Geo, that I can "just" read. However, I can easily read my buddy's Liquivision from a fair distance because of the sharpness and "intensity" (can't think of a better word) of the display.

I too am far sighted, I found not only larger font of course easier to read but also colour. What budget do you have in mind?

I may have solved the problem. I forgot that my ophthalmologist prescribed contact lenses for my right eye in order to read sheet music when performing. I never got the hang of putting it in or taking it out, so I just committed the music to memory. I have two weeks before my next dive trip. I'll just learn to put it in/take it out.

I have a Datamask. The display is always visible and easy to read. Some hate them, I like mine. That's one answer.

Others include a prescription lens mask. Lots of people use them. This is just one place that can make this for you. There are others.
Welcome to Prescription Dive Masks 1-800-538-2878.

Another solution, and quite reasonably priced might be stick on readers. I have them in my mask so that I can better read the settings on my camera. Some people have had trouble getting them to stick and stay there. So far mine have stayed put and work well.

DiveOptx® Stick-on Lenses for Divers (Large)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom