compressor just back from maintenance: anything I need to watch out for?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

randini

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey all,
I just sent my (actually my work's) Bauer compressor off for a complete maintenance (changed oil, filters, belt and then some) by a guy that came highly recommended from both by my regular LDS and another LDS (both claimed to send their compressors to him). Is there anything I need to pay extra attention to before trusting the fills, or can I assume that it's ready to go? The guy that did the maintenance mentioned double checking the triphasic in the new installation (new building) to make sure everything is "flowing in the right direction", which I plan to do in the AM when I reinstall the compressor. Anything else I need to pay attention to?

Thanks in advance.

If you mean 3 phase, then you need to make sure the compressor rotation is correct.

Craig

Hi Randini,

I recommend you check the filter is installed (and in proper condition), check the oil level, check the compressor rotation, and have your air tested to diving-air standards.

Lawrence Factor Xzam Labs does accredited air testing and we have Dealers world wide. Craig Clark is one of our dealers.

Have a great week!

Back
Top Bottom