Compasses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simmonsjr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I need to get a compass and could use a bit of help selecting one. What is your favorite dive compass? How do you have it mounted? Is the Suunto SK-7 as good as it sounds or is there something better out there? Thanks.

Jason

Yes, the SK-7 is as good as all are saying. I had a Uwatec compass before it, and the difference is huge. You will probably forget about keeping the compass really level, the SK-7 will move freely at any angle that your hand will consider "level" enough.

I use the retractor version - I find it more confortable to hold while aiming than the wrist version.

I have a Sherwood compass mounted in my console...it's OK. I got my son the Suunto SK-7 with a retractor for his birthday and it's VERY NICE. I'm thinking at some point mine will be upgraded to the SK-7.

I've used several different brands. The SK-7 is by far the best. I also use the DSS mount that Teamcasa posted the link for. Save yourself the trouble and expense that others of us have encountered and do it right the first time. You can thank us later :D

Another SK-7 in a DSS mount.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom