Comparing S600 versions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How many versions of the s600 are there now? Is there a way to know what year/version by looking at the other case? I have SEVERAL MK25/S600 but I am not sure of how old they are and would like to know.

I can confirm that the first 2 digits of the serial number are indeed the year of manufacture. I received the confirmation of this information directly from SP themselves.

I can confirm that the first 2 digits of the serial number are indeed the year of manufacture. I received the confirmation of this information directly from SP themselves.

GREAT, thank you!

i contacted ScubaPro they said you can add metal barrels to scuba pro generation 1 depending on the model. I am still waiting my s600 in the mail I hope I can get the metal barrel upgrade.

i contacted ScubaPro they said you can add metal barrels to scuba pro generation 1 depending on the model. I am still waiting my s600 in the mail I hope I can get the metal barrel upgrade.

Hello Dave, welcome to Scubaboard. One of the things new divers do not realize is that regulator technology is mature, so there is not going to be radical changes in performance just a slow evolutionary process. One good thing about Scubapro is that they have been in general very good about supporting old models. So yes you can get the most recent revision. Actually, your regulator with the plastic air barrel is equivalent to an S560.

DA, would you mind giving a similar summary for the MK25 as you did, here, on the S600, please?

Or anyone for that matter?

Which may include the MK20...

Such awesome information!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom