Compact camera set up for freedom and quality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
sony-rx100-rig-2.204518
Hi I am new here and want to start with sharing some. I enjoy diving unrestricted and sometimes in challanging environments such as currents, penetrations etc. I want to share my experience with others by quality pics and vids but do not want to restrict my experience by bulky gear, I have tried Gopro but was not satisfied with quality although the size is great. So my latest solution is a Sony RX100 and a Meikon housing with a video light on compact tray. Here is a video of the set up, hope this can help some of you out there :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJztsA6pG2Y&t=3s

Last edited:
Hi: Are you happy with your Meikon housing? How's the craftsmanship and ease of use?
Enjoyed the video very much as well.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Well done with the video! I like that you covered what gear you're using, attachment to BC, and prep.

My only comment is to /not/ use toilet paper to test; instead, use paper towel. The problem with toilet paper is that if the case does flood, then the toilet paper will become a goopy mess and difficult to remove. I know this because I did have a housing that flooded, after buying it new! (It was a Canon G12 housing made by Canon.) (I repaired the housing by carefully sanding away excess molding plastic at the seams and it works perfectly now.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom