"Diving mode" setting on action camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric802

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Let me preface this by saying that I am certainly not expecting to get documentary-quality footage, given the set-up I have and my absolute lack of experience. That said, I've got a GoPro knock-off, the Akaso Brave 4 (was a gift from my kids, so I'm not complaining). I don't have a tray or lights or anything, so it's going to be pretty basic results. However, the camera does have a "diving" mode. As far as I can tell, above water this puts a reddish tint on everything, so I guess it's supposed to be like using a red filter on your lens. I'll be in Bonaire and St. Kitts over the next week, so hopefully the vis will be good and there will be plenty of light.

I'm looking for opinions on whether it's better to try the diving mode, or just leave it off and do what I can with color correction post-dive? Will using that mode limit my ability to do color correction, if everything has an artificial red tint? I really have no idea what I'm doing and the pics are probably going to be pretty sketchy anyway, but I figured I'd ask.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom