Communications Issues with Blue Angel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firefyter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Am I the only one having communications issues with BA? I sent an email last Saturday asking about diving reservations. I was looking at booking my trip (air and room at BA) through Orbitz, and wanted to know the protocol for adding my dive package to it. I didn't know if I just needed to let them know the dates and have me added to the dive shop's roster or if I needed to post a deposit to hold my seat. No reply.

Anyway, time was ticking by and the plane was filling up, so Monday afternoon I sent Eva a PM over Facebook asking if there were email issues, as I know that it occurs from time to time. Still no reply.

Wednesday afternoon I went to their website and basically asked the same thing. As I said, the plane was filling rapidly for my selected dates and I needed some type of response as soon as humanly possible. To this date, one day shy of a week from when I started, I have had no response.

I finally gave up and just booked the trip for my dates on Orbitz without hearing from them. I guess I'll just show up and count on Pony getting me on the boat. I'm sure he can work something out, but I just feel better knowing my ducks are in a row and my seat is saved.

Jeanie just left and I already miss her.

Is anybody else having this issue or have I just made the naughty list somehow? :cool2:

Two words....phone call

256px-HAL9000.svg.png

Yes...cvchief...?

We are about to go for the third year in a row and for the past two years they responded immediately, but the first year it took over a week. Other people have said the same thing. I think it is based on who is watching the web site communication at the time. I would just call. The folks at the front desk are great and will help you.

I'm headed there in a few days.....staying and diving with Blue Angel.

Had a bit of problem getting in touch by email for a few weeks after Jeanie left, but I seem to be back in their good books again.

Did I mention I'll be in Cozumel in a few days? :D

Last edited:
I apologize for the issue you are having. We have recently changed our website blueangelresort.com, and all email is now being done through the official address info@blueangelresort.com, rather than Jeanie's email address ending with @fidmail.com. We do have a person who has been hired to monitor and respond to our email requests. Please let me know which address you were sending to, and I will try to find out where the problem lays. In the mean time, please feel free to send your request to me at blueangeltraining@gmail.com and I will help you make your reservation.

Again, sorry for the confusion, and I look forward to seeing you at Blue Angel.

See? A response in less than 12 hours. Phone calls? Pshaw. When in doubt, Scubaboard it out.... I have BA on my list for dinner or maybe lunch. I had never considered it a 'restaurant' but I hear the food is pretty good.

hello Thomas.

this is Eva from Blue Angel. I think maybe the problem might be that you emailed jeanie at her email. Unfortunately Jeanie always used her email address bluangelfidmail.com and chose to keep that email.. but she does not forwards guest email from there or i think even check it now. If you are trying to communicate with us using that email, we will not know to email you back,.

We have many ways for guests to keep in touch and seeing what we are up to.

If you would like to book with us you can directly email us at info@blueangelresort.com

Our webpage is blueangelresort.com

you can also follow us on our facebook Blue Angel Resort group page or on twitter.

I hope this helps. I am so sorry you didnt have success getting ahold of us, we tried to post in a few places to use the info@blueangelresort.com email address but I am sure more than a few people may have missed the posts. Also, i have checked my naughty list and I dont have a Thomas on it, so you are safe .....so far... ho ho ho.

Eva Kristine
and the
Blue Angel Team

I think I am having the same problem. I find a flight time and price that works, then try to see if I can book the same time at the BA. I didn't hear back and then that flight is no longer available.
I really need to get back to the BA, hopefully the latter part of May or first part of June.
I miss the "Blue Angel Team"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom