Common misconceptions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

300bar

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Lots of things we take for granted are just not thru.

1 Gunpowder was used by europeans in war for the 1st time.:no: china used it in AD 900
2 Henry Ford did invent the automobile :no: No he introdused the assembly line.
3 Marconi invented the radio.:no: Radio was invented by Nicola Tesla.

Do you know any more.

BTW.give them in diving and non diving.:D

2. You didn't tell us who actually invented the automobile - Karl Benz.

4. Edison invented the electric light. The electric light was invented by Humphry Davy before Edison's parents were born. Edison made the electric light practical.

5. Cousteau invented the demand regulator. Emile Gagnon actually invented it, although he never would have thought to invent it without Cousteau.

6. The first battle of ironclad ships was between the Monitor and the Merrimac. The battle was fought between the USS Monitor and the CSS Virginia. The Merrimac was a Union ship captured by the confederates. It was rebuilt and renamed.

next...

Lots of things we take for granted are just not thru.

1 Gunpowder was used by europeans in war for the 1st time.:no: china used it in AD 900
2 Henry Ford did invent the automobile :no: No he introdused the assembly line.
I didn't know these were common misconceptions.....I thought anyone with an education, even an American one, knew these things.

3 Marconi invented the radio.:no: Radio was invented by Nicola Tesla.
I had no idea who invented the radio. Never gave a second thought to it. I suspect most people don't know who invented the radio - let alone that there is a common misconception about it.

Where's Cliff from the show Cheers, this was his specialty

I had no idea who invented the radio. Never gave a second thought to it. I suspect most people don't know who invented the radio - let alone that there is a common misconception about it.
It actually is a common misconception that Marconi is the "Father of Radio"

7. Hitler was an atheist :no: on many occasions his writings and speeches supported his belief in God including in Mein Kampf "my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator"

Same goes for Stalin, many people think his actions of the Cult of Personality were a display in his anti-theism. His daughter Svetlana told of his teachings to her about Christ to her in the documentary Mysteries of the Century: Kremlin Kids, he also had an education from Tbilisi Seminary and would quote the bible frequently.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom