Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello All,

I have recently graduated from Divesafe International Commercial Dive training school in Campbell River, BC, Canada with my Unrestricted Occupational Scuba (130ft) and Nitrox Endorsement.

I have my first dive job coming up and I had a question about pay. I will be installing floats on docks and my employer says while they are setting up things on the surface he wants me to come up with a Standby pay rate. (I am referring to sitting around waiting to dive not a standby diver) The pay for the job is $45 CAD for showing up and $4CAD/minute making bubbles. Any ideas on what I should ask for?

(please note I live in work in Canada so those helping from the US or other countries should note the exchange rate)

The employer I'm working for used to be a commercial diver but has retired from diving and now has a dock building company. So he knows the trade.

Any help would be wonderful!

What percentage of time do you expect to be under?, Is it a ten or twenty minute dive with an hour or two between. Could you work as STD crew, and then charge dive rate when under,?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom