Commercial diving vs marine civil engineering?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry to hear your son didn't have the best of times in Yorkshire @Angelo Farina . I suppose sitting on a sun drenched terrace in Tuscany does sound more appealing than munching a soggy kebab in the rain after a drunken night out fighting the locals in Leeds. Then again, to each their own 😀.

Not so sure about the rarity of wine in the UK though. Forget the fuel crisis, if there were empty wine shelves, there really would be a revolution.
Actually my son did enjoy the Yorkshire. The first year he was happy there...
The second year so-so, he was lucky to find a number of friends in the local Italian Society.
The third year was terrible: most of his friends had returned to Italy, and he had the clear perception of being wasting his time, not learning properly. However it had been a life experience.
Here in Parma it is not exactly as in Tuscany, but our hills are fantastic, and much less inhabitated than in Tuscany.

Hey guys. Hope it's OK to ask another question on this thread. I'm a recreational diver and professional engineer. My brother and I are hoping to do engineering inspections with an ROV. I think part of our competition will come from commercial divers. Could anyone give us an idea of rates for commercial divers in the UK? How do rates changes when you have to charter a dive boat? Most of my work will be pier walls and jetties.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom