Comfort items for liveaboard - or what you can't live without..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I second earplugs. I also like an eye patch.
I don't take an ipod also taking either sound canceling headphones or in ear phones, whatever your preference.

If you have them, I would bring extra swimsuits and wetsuits/skins. You definitely want to get into something dry between dives, and climbing into a perpetually wet wetsuit 5 times a day can be irksome. Also, bring some sturdy clothespins so you can hang your wet items up on the sundeck to dry, even when the boat is underway. (Home Depot has great ones available in the woodworking section).

I gotta second RMan's big ol' insulated mug.

I'm a freak for ice... love it. But these boats never offer insulated mugs, so anything that starts cold gets pretty warm.

---
Ken

These are great suggestions guys & gals. For example, I would have never thought of bringing dive socks as I have full foot fins but you are absolutely right about them tearing up my feet after a few days of diving. I'm definitely adding that to my list -- also, I'm going to load up my ipod with movies before I go so I can either enjoy them in my cabin or I'll bring my tv connector and everybody can enjoy them on the boat's tv set. And, I'm going to get some heavy duty clothes pins for towels, suits, skins, etc -- because just on the day boats I've been on...there are never enough hanging implements for everybody's gear.

And the suggestion about the power strip was right on! I'll have at least two things to charge every night - no reason not to pack a power strip.

Wow...what a resource this board is!

--Sioux

Who are you diving with? I'll be on a live aboard in Thailand in February. Haven't picked one yet because my dates are still uncertain but I've been with a few and all were great.

A sarung, this a must have, act as a cabin to change yourself (men & women), you can use it as a towel, comfy to hang around, can be used as a pillow, a bag, bed sheet...

SoSiouxme:
I'll be diving on the Colona VI -- I combined the two day and the four day for a six day liveaboard. I'm going Feb. 23. back March 1.
Good choice. You'll love it. I'm going earlier in the month. I used to have a practice in Laguna Bh., before moving to Oregon.

Just make sure you leave some good stuff for me! I got certified in Thailand back in '04 and since that time have been to Roatan, Belize, Caymans, Cozumel, Hawaii and most recently Fiji - but I always remembered Thailand as being so much better (except Fiji -- Fiji was amazing). I wonder if I think Thailand is so great because I learned there and it was so new and exciting or whether the diving is just that great. Now, I'll get the chance to find out -- I'm doing the liveaboard, then staying 6 more days to do some more diving and then ending it up in Hong Kong to shop. Should be fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom