Combining PADI C-Cards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To whom do you show it?

A dive op whom requires a diver to present a solo cert in order to be allowed to dive solo. Pretty clear answer, I trust. Or was that some kind of trick question?

You've still not advised as to what the embarassment aspect of a solo cert is.

Last edited:
A dive op whom requires a diver to present a solo cert in order to be allowed to dive solo. Pretty clear answer, I trust. Or was that some kind of trick question?

How about 1 with and 1 without depending on whether it's cool to come out of the closet with that op? :)

How about 1 with and 1 without depending on whether it's cool to come out of the closet with that op? :)

I once asked an op in Curacao if they allowed solo diving: "Sure, as long as you have a buddy who is also solo certified it shouldn't be a problem."

But seriously, there are a few liveaboard companies (Explorer Ventures, for one) and the odd resort that allow solo diving with Solo certification.

When I travel to most places I bring a tec card showing advanced deco/02-to-100% and my solo card. If going to cave country I bring an NACD card. Don't really need anything else.

Last edited:
Leaving for BlackBeard's very, very soon and their policy allows solo. But I've heard the DM doesn't always know this and that a call to the head office may be required to get things straight.

My original (non-PADI) c-card allowed me to do just about everything in OW/AOW/Rescue so I carry it. If dive ops don't recognize my cert, I have my other cards scanned and posted on my website.

I got my PADI combo card in 2005, it's the last PADI card I obained. This thread was started in 2009, at which time I suggested a combo card might be the solution to some multiple card issues. The thread was resurrected this year, it appears PADI does not currently offer a combo card, that's a shame, it was a good idea.

I also have a card holder in my logbook. The only cards in it are MSD/nitrox, DPV (just in case needed for rental, never requested), and SDI Solo. I've never needed anything else for my activities. The one time I forgot a C card, the operator looked it up on the PADI webite quickly, without problem.

Dr Bill, I've always been tempted to show my LACUU C card when using a new operator but haven't ever tried it. Would still be fun

Back
Top Bottom