Com East Timor :Nov 4&5 pix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calypsonick

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Had a 2 day work retreat which was next to a pier and couldn't help myself......but jump off the deep end
03.gif

9874com04-11-05_015.jpg

9874com04-11-05_034.jpg

9874com04-11-05_041.jpg

What can I say? Stunning, absolutely stunning.

I love the crab - actually both of them. I love the cleaner shrimp & buddy (I would flip it vertically just to see what happens). The natural light on the fish under Pier is fabulous.

Yours are excellent shots and get ready for lots of people to be looking coz I am pointing them to your shots when they ask about what a camera and no strobe can do!!

Truly amazing! I love the orange crab with the green background soft coral(?).

Great pictures. What is the viz like there? Looks pretty clear.

Thanks!

Dee - The little red crab was on a dark green coral which is actually quite hard with a soft membrane on the outside. It is all closed up during the day and the green polyps bloom at night to feed.

SeaYoda - The viz was exceptional at 30-35m those two days. The viz is rarely less than 10m depending on what the tides are doing. It is usually 15-20m on the slack tides.

That is great stuff, making me very eager to get back in the water next week.

If no strobe, how are you getting such colour on the coral head? Second photo of second post.

Red filter?

Nick only uses the 5050's internal strob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom