Coltri MCH6 or Nardi Atlantic 100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
We are after a (new) portable compressor setup for our boat. It will use gas (petrol) and do occasional fills when we are out in remote locations.

We are in NZ and sourcing a Bauer Junior2 is the most expensive option - $7900NZD plus spares (at least another $500). A PE100 is a shade better at $6400 plus spares.
Getting both of the above models is also over three weeks lead time which is not practical (before we head to the islands)

So our short list is down to a stainless steel framed MCH-6 with snorkel hose and manual condensate drain and honda engine.
Or the cheapest option of all is a Nardi Atlantic G100 optioned to use auto condensate drain and hour meter but a subaru engine. (i would have to add a snorkel hose)

Has anyone used either of the units mentioned above? can i get an opinion. It is a little bit of a Ford vs holden question but i am also after some opinions on the maintenance regime or issues that i might see with either the Coltri or Nardi. Is there a reason the Nardi is cheapest?

I am happy to follow the maintenance regime and use recommended oils, etc but just unsure if there is something else i need to be aware of...
I look forward to your opinions...:)

You don't really need to lock yourself into the stainless steel MCH6. I have had quite a few yachting customers use a standard frame successfully by applying a good layer of wax to all the painted surfaces.

Back
Top Bottom