Question Coltri Icon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

barial

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone,
I have just bought a new Coltri Icon ( MCH6) compressor.
I'm worried because I find not only an emulsion coming out of the condensation separator (whitish water) but also a certain amount of oil. What's more, the air smells slightly of oil. The compressor has only been running for 10 hours and the filter for about 6-7 hours? Should I be worried, or is it normal to find this oil with a new compressor ?
Thank you for your help,
Alain
Quebec, Canada,

Totally normal and nothing to be concerned about. The 4th stage sits in the oil sump and small amounts will seep into the separator. It’s important to drain the condensate regularly. I usually drain every 10 min or 8 min on really humid days in the summer. Also check the oil level before each filling session to top off if needed.

Thank you very much for this information. I sincerely appreciate it. There is still the question of the smell of oil found in the air produced by the compressor despite the use of a new filter (dissequant-activated carbon and co-catalyst). I also bleed my compressor every 5 to 10 minutes.
Do you also have odors in the air produced by your compressor? If not, what can I do about it?
Thank you for your help.

Sorry, I misunderstood your original post. I thought you were referring to the air coming from the condensate smelling like oil. Any oil smell in the produced air is definitely abnormal and needs to be resolved. The only time I ever had this issue was when in inadvertently bought the wrong filter thst was not meant for breathing air. With your unit being new, I’d suggest reaching out to Coltri or the shop where you purchased the unit. The produced air should have zero smell so something is wrong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom