Cold weather diving!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hope it doesn't carry any bad juju

Lol - I think he was a misunderstood soul... Mind you he would push buttons when he could - that said I am not sure if he had an axe to grind or not... But over all as LowViz said he was a contrarian and someone that made you think - he did not go with the flow and had a point of view that made you better for it...
Sigh - oh well... Assimilate or be gone...

Lol - I think he was a misunderstood soul... Mind you he would push buttons when he could - that said I am not sure if he had an axe to grind or not... But over all as LowViz said he was a contrarian and someone that made you think - he did not go with the flow and had a point of view that made you better for it...
Sigh - oh well... Assimilate or be gone...

Let's just say it was personal and leave it at that. I metaphorically danced on his SB grave.

actually you REcut the hole .....lol

oh yeah forgot about that , but if I remember right we all jumped up and down on it ......

That was one cold week! The wind across the lake made the 'wheel and spokes' pattern in what little snow that didn't blow away almost indistinguishable from underneath. We recut the hole but it was maybe only four inches thick. That saw is awesome!

Nothing like learning ice diving under REAL conditions. :)

Natalia Avseenko (look her up) free dives naked under ice with Beluga whales. I can't even dive Southern California without a drysuit. :)
And now I learned how a happy Beluga Whale looks like...

Did my first "winter" dive of the season (wet of course, don't own a drysuit). Worked out the logistics, since we no longer live right on the ocean (it's up the street). Geared up in the house, including weight belt. Drove the 3 minutes to the site, unit on (already assembled), 24 minute dive. Back to car, unit off, heater on. Plastic covering driver's seat for wet wetsuit. 48F water, 34F Air. Only one dive possible this way--without a tent/drysuit, etc. I miss the old house.

Didn't know DD was banned. Must've been away when that occurred. Maybe RJP will return soon....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom