Cold Weather Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it was January :) I know the hot water I brought along to pour down my suit was friggin wonderful!

tom wicker:
The jury is still out on this one for me. Maybe I’m getting to the point of the cold creaking into my bones to often in my forty plus years. But I’m looking hard at new suits . Now with all this talk of creating new reefs here locally within shore diving even. It may be time to hook up my doubles because I know when I hit that cold water for the first time on each dive I’ll suck the bottom out of an 80# on my first breath. I just hate to see the marine life thin out from the cold

I feel the same way you do. I'm still trying to decide if this cold weather is gonna stop me. I think if there is enough to see and do during the winter it would be worth it to invest in a drysuit and go for it. I know what you mean about sucking air too. That cold water makes me hit the tank hard also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom