Cold Weather Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can deal with the cold water as long as I can warm up on the surface in some capacity. This usually means less repetitive dives in winter, but you still gotta get wet!

Port Tack:
I am afraid I am a warm weather diver. That cold water is just too much for these old bones.

Mike

I'm a warm weather diver too, the weather in my drysuit is nice and warm. I never miss a dive because of the cold.

So far, the last weekend Frankc420 and I dove, I stayed rather warm or just didn't notice the temp on our dives. I believe Morrison was mid to lower 60s. Only got cold when we stopped in about 4 foot of water and the wind hit my chest. I'll still need to try on my long suite and shortie to see if that will work in colder areas. (Think Pelham in January.)

Michael

Morrison is always 67-68F, unless its flooded and the river water has inundated the basin in dead winter. Right now, the river is still warmer than the spring, so 67Fish is the coldest you'll find Morrison until later this year - early next.

So far all my dives have been in water in the low to mid 60's. I have been really comfortable in my 5mil wetsuit. It's probably the excitement of everything being so new that I haven't noticed the temp...

I'm looking forward to some warm water ocean diving this coming spring and summer, but for now I'm taking all I can get regardless of temp. I'm newly certified so I don't want to sit idly during the winter months.

Let's all put on our hoods, boots & gloves and get out there!

Winter is the best time to dive around here. Usually, the vis is up and the number of divers in the water is down. Too many people around here diving in the summer, not to mention all the boaters sucking up parking spaces with trailers and such.

I started in the winter and plan to get in as many dives as possible this winter. :)

I GOTTA Winter dive in Belize and Cozumel this coming of Nov 26th and Dec 3rd. I hope I can make it through it!! I'll see about actually posting a dive report this time. :)

Michael

mwhities:
I GOTTA Winter dive in Belize and Cozumel this coming of Nov 26th and Dec 3rd. I hope I can make it through it!! I'll see about actually posting a dive report this time. :)

Michael

My OW Instructor is a relief captain on a liveaboard out of Belize. He is always telling me how beautiful the diving is there. The vis is astounding. Be sure and let us know what the diving is like. He has been trying to get me to take a trip with them. I am just not quite sure I am ready for the price tag.

My gear is stored away 'till I go to the Carribean next April :D .

Except for a pool refresher course in January.

Last dive around here was 1st week of September, water temp. was 18oC @ 25 meters, 5mm wetsuit.

If I want to dive up here this winter, need ice diving course !!!!

I Dive Year Round In The Gulf With My 4/3 And A Hood. It Seems Its Warmer In The Water Than On The Surface Most Of The Time... Matt Remember Diving The Russian Frieghter Last Feb.. Or It Might Have Been January.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom