CoCoView/Utila in April...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaDoobaDo

Reaction score
My husband & I are going to CoCoView and the Utila Lodge in mid-April. I have a couple of questions :06: ....
1. We are staying in a bungalow, I have a choice of A or C, anyone know what the difference is?

2. We have 3mm full wetsuits, is it a little much?

ScubaDoobaDo:
My husband & I are going to CoCoView and the Utila Lodge in mid-April. I have a couple of questions :06: ....
1. We are staying in a bungalow, I have a choice of A or C, anyone know what the difference is?

1. A & C both have single King beds A is closer to the bar and hot tub.

2. all depends on you. I use a 3 ml farmer jane w/a skin underneath. My husband uses full 3ml. I have seen everthing from just a bathing suit (I don't recommend that by itself) to a 5ml.

come on over and join us http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/mb/ccv

ScubaDoobaDo:

Don't worry about it. take the 3mm's. You'll be diving a lot and tend to get a little more chilly as the dives build up. Just unzip a little and run a little water up the sleeves if you get too warm. Also, I think you could probably bum a shorty from the folks at Utila Lodge, if necessary. They're good folks.

Regards,

We stayed in Bungalow A. and it is the closest to the bar and hot tub. Like many we were doing 5 dives a day and are early to rise early to bed types. Bungalow A did get a little noise from the bar and hot tub at night. When we go back we will choose C.

If you are staying at the Utila Lodge try to get room A. It you only have a room to one side and it has the best view, imho.

When you are diving 4-5 times a day you tend to get cooler each dive. My wife and I both wear full 3mm just about everywhere. She tends to chill easily and by the 4-5th dive she is wearing her 3mm shorty over her 3mm full, plus cap. I was happy to have a hood for the night dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom