Trip Report CocoView Resort May 8-15, 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow thanks so much for this write-up!

Doc and you should get a cut because you 2 talked me into staying there. Thanks for the detailed report. That will help us alot. And Thanks to Doc for all His input. 2 weeks, but who is counting. AB

Just wow! Maybe you should become a travel writer in retirement! Great detailed report. Thanks for the time and effort.

Much appreciated review! I’m leading a group from Melbourne FL down to CCV in late August.

Wow, what a great report. We've been thinking of returning and will definitely look to Coco View. You should get a referral discount with all the people that now want to visit after reading your report :)

I remember when we arrived at Anthony's keys, I mentioned that my wife was a scuba blogger and would write up a report (much to her dismay as she elbowed me saying 'stop it'! ) but they DID give us one of the nicest rooms so our pictures would turn out good :) I'll have to hunt around for more of your reports for some travel inspiration. Thanks again.

…I remember when we arrived at Anthony's keys, I mentioned that my wife was a scuba blogger and would write up a report…

A few people have uttered that at CCV. One guy is a really well known internet “expert on all things SCUBA”. He later went on to ask that a dive site be named after him. CCV treated him in a manner that apparently caused him to hold a lifelong grudge against the resort. He finally got booted off of SB and found an occasional platform in a paid newsletter.

CCV doesn’t suffer pomposity well.

BTW, it’s “Anthony’s Key”, not keys, so maybe that’s why they watered down your rum and Cokes!

A similar “fox paws” is when people refer to CCV as “Coco”, which it simply ain’t.

Enjoy CCV, write a trip report on the differences compared to AKR! They are both good choices, truly the two last real-deal dive resorts on Roatan. But very different.

Speaking of which ...

I just had two spots open up for our group trip in August (21-28). Anyone interested can Contact me ASAP if for details!

Rob

I just had two spots open up for our group trip in August (21-28).

This is a SPECTACULAR time to dive the shallow Southern shore of Roatan.

#1- You’re there for the Full Moon
#2- At the height of the breeding season
#3- Breeding = Feeding

At night, put flashlights in bottom sand and get back in a circle, sit still for 20 minutes in 6’ of water. Be amazed at what happens!

CoCo View has that Front Yard pool that is such an easy night dive, even for first timers…who will then become addicted!

A night dive group wading out on shore dive…/
E3287D48-ED13-4F53-A39B-89CFEDC1406C.jpeg

The general range of the CCV shore dive, including the 140’ wreck and the DC3 aircraft…
B6CFDD1B-861B-460A-BC85-84300E355417.jpeg

This female Hammerhead has become a bit of a regular. She likes that 25’ deep area between the Prince Albert Wreck and the shore dive entry. Seen fairly often by shore divers.
77D9422A-4A02-4D9E-90B2-0AD46F75A5B8.png

That diamond shaped thing is some kind of underwater GPS system, a CCV invention or something or the other.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom