Cochran Dive Computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Beuchat Maestro PRO circa 1995 made by Cochran under OEM.
It's very aggressive. Diving it to its limit my wife had skin bends a couple of times and I know one other user that went to the chamber twice over a 5 year period while within the limits of the computer.
I found that if you put it to 20% conservative it then lines up nicely with my newer SUUNTOs.
Otherwise it's a good computer, large easy to read display and user changeable battery.
But not EAN. So I basically stopped using it when I started diving Nitrox on a regular basis.
Also the interface needs a true DOS window that can control the COM ports, something hard to come by under newer OSs.

I have an EMC-16. I've dove it for five years. Its liberal. I had mine configured for 2-FO2.
I got the download software so I could save my dives. I was wondering if anyone else used
cochran products. I'm very happy with mine. I was glad to see them used in the Ultimate Diver Challange.

I have the Nitrox Commander worked for me rec diving. I used it with a backup bottom timer for my Trimix training. My down load cable is dive computer to parallel, parallel to serial, serial to USB. That part makes it a nightmare, but it works just a pain in the butt. It has been a good to me. Customer Service used to be great. Last couple of times I called customer service, I'd call it anything but great.
Bought a Shearwater and never looked back. Now I'm thinking ebay for the Commander with cables/software.

Thanks for the inputs. I'll keep watching if anyone else cares to comment.

I have a Commander Nitrox and like it a lot. Easy to read. NO buttons to push etc. I like the red backlight at night, too. Haven't found anything I like better.

I have one of the "air only" commanders from the 1990's. Great unit, but like others have said, lousey (but functional - maybe) interface. VERY VERY VERY DISPLESSED WITH THE LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!! Very good unit. but the company SUCKS for customer service!

When Bikini was still open for diving .... here's the list of computers you shouldn't bring.

Cochran Computers on Bikini Atoll

Saw a lot of them crap out on charters in the past. Haven't really seen one in years.

Just saw one ebay starting at $5.50......nuf said!

tb

When Bikini was still open for diving .... here's the list of computers you shouldn't bring.

Cochran Computers on Bikini Atoll

Saw a lot of them crap out on charters in the past. Haven't really seen one in years.

Just saw one ebay starting at $5.50......nuf said!

tb

Well that list isn't much to go by, it covers most of the major brands including SUUNTO!

Back
Top Bottom