Cochran Dive Computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone have a Cochran ? What model, what do you think of it ?
I have close to 500 open circuit dives on my unit and I have used the wrist unit independently with my rebrether about 50 times. I have found that there customer service has been better than any other dive equipment vendor. In this day and age if you get a live body on the phone in less than 5 minutes I find that good service. When I have called I get an answer in 5 min or less!

The units are very powerful. If you dive them stock they are very easy to use but if you get into changing the setting without knowing what you’re doing you can really mess things up like what happened at Bikini Atoll. Search the Internet for the full story and you will find that the units at Bikini where set wrong. I play with mine all the time, but my wife has never changed a setting in 5 years.

I like my Gemini with Intelligent Wrist Unit better than my old Suunto or my Uwatec Air Z, I also have a new Aeris heads up mask, I like it but it doesn’t do as much as my Cochran and its a lot harder to program. That said I do like having the display right in the mask

FYI: As a vote of confidence for Cochran computers I am looking to buy two used units for my kids!

I got a (Beuchat) Cochran Undersea Tec. NEMESIS II Nitrox by chance.

FCC ID Computer: LYP744556-03
FCC ID Sending unit: LYP744556-01

6702697sqz.jpg

Does anybody may have a technical- or owners manual?

It looks really old, the sending unit it's just HUGE and I don't know if it's working.

I tried to get in touch with the company but didn't get an answer yet.

Any help will be greatly appreciate!

I have to add that if you can call them: 1-800-856-3483 they are more than helpful. I had given up on them when three tries over three weeks of e-mails went unanswered, then, out of the blue they called me.

Good luck.

I just bought a cochran after borrowing my buddies in fla. on a trip when I bent my duo. I sold my duo and am very happy with the new unit. The auto gas switch is either a love it or hate it, I happen to love it. Got it fully unlocked for trimix. The info displayed on the screen is a lot more usefull and easy to read.
Eric

Jorge, I have the Nem 2a. I can see if I can scan the manual for you. Is there anything specific you are looking for?

Well that list isn't much to go by, it covers most of the major brands including SUUNTO!

have the commander 2Fo2 model for air and nitrox blends...mine is 2002 model with 1000 dives on it..I had the special option of configuring for yellow taclite rather than the red one, which is easier for me to see at night and had the 550 dive memory installed. I have only accolades and kudos for this product...I am still major league amazed that in all the years I have owned and used it that I have only replaced batts a few times since purchase. It is niggardly on batteries and has a battery volt checker on startup functionality to alert me to changes needed on the spot. The interval for battery change with no loss of memory permits it to be done if need be right then and there.
I've genuine good feelings for this product, safe, reliable, easy to read large digital numbers, alarms are teriffic, audibility is exemplary. ... I also have the analyst too! but really don't use the personal computer to download my dives anymore nor do I refer and research them on the computer either, preferring to simply scroll thru them from the dive computer itself as needed with a coin. I use the analyst functionality only to modify the dive computer's perameter presets;

This computer is set up mounted on a retractor with the compass option. I vest mount the retractor to the upper D ring on my plate and wing to permit me to have it right at hand for compass work. If need be I can stow it neatly inside my vest when I am reaching inside holes for lobster and in destructive environments such as wrecksites we document. I simply love the retractorized system, secure and right at hand, release it and it is back to its original place....

I have relied on Cochran for many years and am now considering trading it for the newest model....

Highly recommended...Bob dimesky, Pawleys Island ,SC

I sell both Cochran and Predator... there is no comparison between the two. Predator is better in ever single way including price. It's simpler to use, comes standard with multiple gas usage, has a better display, simple 2 button usage, blue tooth downloadable to pc... just too many things to list. Cochran was the champ back in the day. That day is gone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom