Cobalt firmware updates 2.42 and 1.62 now available on Atomic's website

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Updated firmware versions for both Cobalt 1 (version 1.62) and Cobalt 2 (2.42) have been posted to the Atomic website, and all users are strongly encouraged to update.

These versions have an interface change to the countdown timers that appear for safety, deep, or deco stops- they zoom out the timer numbers, making them a lot easier to see.

The Cobalt 2 update fixes a compatibility issue with some dive log downloads on the Mac, and is required for dive log download compatibility with the newest Mac OS X version, El Capitan.

As usual with these firmware updates, there are many fixes to minor problems and performance improvements, both of these updates are ones we strongly encourage all users to install.

I see that as of today, Nov 13th, the version numbers on the software and updates page have not yet been updated, but if you follow the link to get the firmware, the new versions will be there.

-Ron

Seems that the Atomic updater for the Cobalt 1 will only download the v1.42 when you try to flash it though the Atomic Logbook program.
Thanks for pointing this out- I will notify Atomic. I'd guess it has something to do with the website. It should be possible to download the file manually.

Ron

When I go into System Info on my Cobalt 2 it states Version is: "2.405/2", can I assume that's an older version and needs to be updated? It just seems awful close to 2.42.

Edit: OK, answered my own question, 2.405/2 is an older version. After updating it now displays "2.420/2".

Yes, that was an interim version, and has some issues fixed in 2.402, like the El Capitan upload issue.

Ron

Ron,
The new Cobalt 2 Red unit appears to have a different interface. Is that unit using a different version of the software?

Mike

Ron,
The new Cobalt 2 Red unit appears to have a different interface. Is that unit using a different version of the software?

Mike
No, the differences are physical, not in the electronics. It would have shipped with newer firmware, though. The interface has changed some with the new version.
Ron

Updated firmware versions for both Cobalt 1 (version 1.62) and Cobalt 2 (2.42) have been posted to the Atomic website, and all users are strongly encouraged to update.

These versions have an interface change to the countdown timers that appear for safety, deep, or deco stops- they zoom out the timer numbers, making them a lot easier to see.

The Cobalt 2 update fixes a compatibility issue with some dive log downloads on the Mac, and is required for dive log download compatibility with the newest Mac OS X version, El Capitan.

As usual with these firmware updates, there are many fixes to minor problems and performance improvements, both of these updates are ones we strongly encourage all users to install.

I see that as of today, Nov 13th, the version numbers on the software and updates page have not yet been updated, but if you follow the link to get the firmware, the new versions will be there.

-Ron

The update went exactly as you stated, Thanks!

For future versions, could you display the current time and water temp at the same time on the dive screen? There is plenty of room for them both instead of waiting for them to cycle. Thanks again!

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom