Cobalt 2 firmware update failure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abernat

Contributor
Reaction score
Ron @RonR - there is an issue with updating to either 2.5 or the trial 2.6 firmware from 2.4. I charged the Cobalt 2 from the wall to 100%. Plugged it in and MacDive recognized it. Downloaded the firmware updates (tried 2.5 and then 2.6 when the following failure occurred. It reoccurred for 2.6.) Mac Pro running Ventura 13.1. Plugged in the Cobalt 2 and Bootloader appears on the Desktop. Drag the firmware update to Bootloader; copying message comes and goes. Try to eject Bootloader which disappears and then reappears. Over and over. Disconnect Cobalt 2 and press Select and Back to reboot. Mac complains that I disconnected Cobalt 2 without ejecting it. Screen never wakes up. Tried putting the end in water but screen never wakes up.

I tried on another Mac with identical results. I noticed that the file in Bootloader is titled FFAILED.TXT and is length 0 bytes after the attempted update. Basically Bootloader never really ejects and the firmware update never happens leaving the Cobalt 2 in the dead state. Rebooting by hold Select and Back does nothing.

We've been looking into this- we have been updating here on Ventura with no problems, so it's not the OS version.
The message you received FFAILED.TXT indicates an error when writing to the processor's internal flash- it's something we haven't seen before, ever. We don't have an easy DIY fix for this but will certainly be happy to check it out and see if we can recover here. I'll message you here with more information.

Ron

We've been looking into this- we have been updating here on Ventura with no problems, so it's not the OS version.
The message you received FFAILED.TXT indicates an error when writing to the processor's internal flash- it's something we haven't seen before, ever. We don't have an easy DIY fix for this but will certainly be happy to check it out and see if we can recover here. I'll message you here with more information.

Ron
Thank you for the prompt reply!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom