Cobalt Coast or Compass Point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

. They also have a shuttle to the other DiveTech location for beach diving.

Lighthouse Point is a great site. I especially like having coffee and muffins while gearing up,followed by a smoothie after the dive. Somebody has to do it!
However,it is more accurate to call it a shore (ladder) dive rather than a beach dive.

This monster Barrel Sponge is on the Big Wall at maybe 110 feet. Go a little south and there is an even larger one.

Attachments

• web.jpg
    web.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 64
Have only been to GC once and we stayed at cobalt.
Fantastic place.
Everyone very freindly and helpfull.
Great diving, really nice room and pretty good food.
We were there for 10 days and had a rental car delivered to the resort mid way through for four days.
That way we had freedom to explore.
I would book the exact same trip in a heart beat.

I'm hoping WE made the right choice (Cobalt Coast) after agonizing between these two resorts for a first trip to GC! Going in mid-November, renting a car, buying a heavily-discounted meal plan at the resort to minimize hassles, although we love to drive around and try other things. Choice was somewhat subjective - they both look very nice - and based final decision mainly on accommodation type/price/looks/location. It's all good!?!?

My son and I have been to Cobalt Coast twice, great resort, great operator in DiveTech. The food is very good. They'll save or make you something if you let them know about a night dive.

Morning 2 tank dives ran smoothly, always got at least an hour and back in time for delicious lunch. Routinely dive North Wall, conditions permiitting. Shore dives at Cobalt and Lighthouse Point are excellent. You might want to try the West Bay Express, DPV dive from Cobalt to Lighthouse Point covering some pristine reef. If you've always wanted to try a CCR, the CCR experience is a lot of fun and very humbling. In an hour dive, I had good buoyancy for maybe 15 minutes.

We always rent a car for the flexibility and eat in West Bay/SMB/Georgetown a few nights each trip. We also always do some extra afternoon/night boat dives. We use Cayman 6 Pack Divers. Renee Knight is very flexible in setting these up and starting a little later to allow for your lunch at Cobalt and the drive to one of her 2 boats.

Though we've been to Grand Cayman 8 times now, have not stayed at East End and dived with Ocean Frontiers. This is pretty high on my to do list and will likely be our next visit to the island.

Good diving, Craig

I've seen a few people comment that the weather can make for difficult diving on the east and north ends of Grand Cayman later in the year. I'm going at Thanksgiving and would like to know if anyone knows what the weather conditions might be?

Thanks,

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom