Coast Guard searching for missing diver in Jupiter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DebbyDiver

Livin' the dream
ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Sun-Sentinel reports:
Coast Guard searching for missing diver in Jupiter

By Paola Iuspa

Sun-Sentinel.com

10:10 AM EDT, September 23, 2007

The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office is assisting the Coast Guard with the search of a missing diver off Jupiter Inlet.

Diver Nicole Brater Cuomo, 38, has been missing since Saturday afternoon.

Cuomo, of Rockledge, was diving with a friend in the Jupiter area when she should have completed her dive and surfaced by 3:30 p.m., sheriff's spokeswoman Teri Barbera said. Her friend searched the area for more than an hour before calling the Coast Guard, which responded immediately. So did the sheriff's Office Marine Unit.

The search was called off Saturday evening and resumed at 6 a.m. today. The agencies are concentrating their efforts from the Jupiter area north.

Friends and civilian boaters joined the effort.

Copyright © 2007, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

I hope Nicole is not one of our Scubaboard members...yet it is still tragic. Has anyone heard anything? Prayers that she is found safely...

I've been following it on spearboard. There's a hefty current, hopefully they find her sunburned and thirsty today. It's just about 24 hours. She has a wetsuit and flotation, so she can survive for days. Prayers are with her.

I have been hearing the constant transmissions from the Lake Worth Coast Guard still

She is a Scubaboard member, just not a frequent poster. I've been following this on Spearboard.

Very sad news, my thoughts are with her, her family and the search crews.

Rachel

I have dived with Nikki before and she was so kind and welcoming. I am sick over this and the outpouring of support on Spearboard is phenomenal. Its been 48 hrs but I'm praying for a miracle.

Rachel or Hillary, what was Nikki's ScubaBoard user name?

I saw the Spearboard posts, bless all those people who are going out looking for her...praying for a miracle.

Just heard on News 13 that CG suspended the search for NIcole. My prayers go out for her family and those who knew this diver. It sounds like she was a wonderful person who will be deeply missed.

If anyone wants to talk about their loss, please PM me. I assure I will keep ALL of our conversations in the highest confidence.

Debby, I don't know her SB name...she's PM'ed me here but I've since lost that PM.....

The CG may have suspended the search but it continues with private funds and diver search efforts. Fingers crossed and prayer in progress....

TropicalDiver

She responded to one of my posts (very helpful) less than a week ago.

Gads...
My prayers go out to all.

Jean
Fort White , Florida

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom