Coast Guard searching for missing diver in Jupiter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rainer...oh my gosh...I just looked up her profile (I don't know her) then looked at her posts...she made several posts about another lost diver nearly a year ago.

My heart breaks for Nikki and her family, and I pray she turns up somewhere, hungry, thirsty, sunburnt and alive.

They have not found Nikki yet :( but they did find her speargun along the sandy bottom today they know it was hers because it had her name on it. She was scuba diving, we are all just hoping that she was able to inflat her vest and is just floating around out there and really mad because no one has found her yet. She is a very strong person and has been freediving and scuba diving for many many years. As everyone has said if there is one person that they could say, knows what to do it will be Nikki.
The search was only called off for a short time after the Coast Guard was informed that someone had found a sausage in the water. I have also donated money to help with the search as many many others on spearboard have to help with the fuel charge of all the private plains and boats out searching for her.
My prayers are with her family and friends her students. We also cannot forget to pray for all the people in the air and in the water they have spent many hours now searching for her, they are tired but they won't give up because they know that one of there own is in need of help.
Please pray for everyone.
Becky

Becky, thank you for the update and prayers continue.

You know what is sad...I feel HORRIBLE for the family of that fishing boat in Miami where the four crew members are missing, but the USCG is still looking for those four...it is so unfair that they stopped looking for Nikki.

You know what is sad...I feel HORRIBLE for the family of that fishing boat in Miami where the four crew members are missing,

Becky,

I also want to thank you for the updates.

Speaking of the story about the missing crew of the Joe Cool, that story is getting weirder by the minute.... Ex-wife brings new intrigue in ghost boat case - 09/25/2007 - MiamiHerald.com

These two guys definitely tried to pirate the Joe Cool and take it to Cuba IMO.

You know what is sad...I feel HORRIBLE for the family of that fishing boat in Miami where the four crew members are missing, but the USCG is still looking for those four...it is so unfair that they stopped looking for Nikki.

But they have not stopped looking for Nikki, The Coast Guard had stopped the search for only about 9 hrs and began the search again along with many many more air crafts, charter boats, personal boats,personal air crafts. I am very proud of the spearboard family they have all come together to find one of their own. And for the ones that can't help, they have sent money in to help with the ones that can get out their on the water or in the air.
I think everyone is doing what they can to help Nikki.
OH and since I posted they dropped a diver in fromthe air to check out the sighting on the sausage but it turns out to be one of those small blow up chairs floating.

Oh, thank God the Coast Guard resumed their search; when I looked yesterday I had understood that they had given up. I believe she is out there alive. The crew of the fishing boat on the other hand...what a devastating story...I don't think they will be found alive. So much heartbreak.

Brian, on a more cynical note, I told my partner this evening that the fishing boat story is going to make one hell of a movie some day.

The fishing boat story is something else. I get on my knees and pray to various and sundry deities that Broward county kinda acts as a buffer zone between my carcass and the denizens of Miami-Dade county. Yes, sometimes even I admit that Weston has some merit.
What they should do to these guys won't be done.
Years ago on a port visit to Norfolk by some Turkish warships, they held their version of court-martial on the flagship. The defendants were convicted and sentenced to death. The US Navy, among other interested parties, told them that they could not do this in US territorial waters.
The Turks shifted colors, got underway, and steamed offshore into international waters for the day.
When they came back into Norfolk Naval Station that evening, they still had the two bodies hanging from the yardarm.
There was a lot of backchannel traffic over that one.
Sorry for the hijack.

Prayers sent to Nikki, her family and friends.

Ya gotta BELIEVE... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom