CO2 Monitor - inhale side

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gianaameri

Contributor
Reaction score
sensor_CO2a.jpg

I have used for about 18 months in my rebreather a novel CO2 Sensor (about the size of an O2 Galvanic Sensor as per the above picture) and I see that someone has taken the initiative to roll something out commercially based on this new CO2 Sensor technology here CO2 monotoring notCO2 and before them here http://www.temc.it (please note TECME and TEMC are two different companies).

I would be interested to hear from other users their experience with this novel CO2 Sensor from Gas Sensor, Gas Sensors, Infrared Gas Sensors, IR Sensors - Dynament in their rebreather.

I was quite happy with it (but I no longer use it insofar I am toying with measuring arterial CO2 now).

Last edited:
I don't know if they supply them to hollis or not, but the explorer uses an ir CO2 sensor to detect CO2 and it works well until it gets moist then it readings starts degrading quick causing the unit to complain.

I don't know if they supply them to hollis or not, but the explorer uses an ir CO2 sensor to detect CO2 and it works well until it gets moist then it readings starts degrading quick causing the unit to complain.

The VR Technology (and similar) CO2 Sensors are reported to have these kind of problems.

The new CO2 Sensor I have used is stable (i.e. it does not drift and does not require recalibration) and provided it is inserted before the dive and removed after the dive it works fine for 3 hours actual continuous diving (i.e. in my rebreather where I located it and how I used it).

In test environment, it works fine for 5 hours of continuous diving (I never did an actual 5 hour dive with it).

how is it degraiding ? is it reading it high or low ?

It drifts, it could be high or low. The unit will red light and the computer will complain when it goes high. Granted the unit I seen that did this has been dove four days with out having the sensors left out to dry.

Daru

I would be willing to try a sensor like the one you posted assuming it has all the hardware and firmware for a linear temperature compensated output and a reasonable chance of functioning in a rebreather loop given careful placement.

What is the best source for the sensor you showed? Your pic is from the CO2 analyzer page at temc: DE-OX® BIO: digital carbon dioxide analyzer - Temc Hopefully temc might sell the sensors even though one doesn't own one of their analyzers...

While the temc sensor *internals* are apparently from Gas Sensor, Gas Sensors, Infrared Gas Sensors, IR Sensors - Dynament , the sensor housing doesn't appear to be. The stock dynament sensors are different:
Screen Shot 2013-08-02 at 11.01.08 AM.png

Anyway, I'd give it a shot. Until now I haven't been sufficiently interested to buy up a bunch of different sensors in the search for a solution -- enough people seem to be doing, or have already done, exactly this (moreover, with the promise of a commercial product companies can of course specify needed features in the sensor that may not be available when simply re-purposing available sensor technology, which, back to the present thread, potentially makes the "temc" sensor interesting).

sensor_CO2a.jpg

I have used for about 18 months in my rebreather a novel CO2 Sensor (about the size of an O2 Galvanic Sensor as per the above picture) and I see that someone has taken the initiative to roll something out commercially based on this new CO2 Sensor technology here CO2 monotoring notCO2 and before them here http://www.temc.it (please note TECME and TEMC are two different companies).

I would be interested to hear from other users their experience with this novel CO2 Sensor from Gas Sensor, Gas Sensors, Infrared Gas Sensors, IR Sensors - Dynament in their rebreather.

I was quite happy with it (but I no longer use it insofar I am toying with measuring arterial CO2 now).

I would be willing to try a sensor like the one you posted assuming it has all the hardware and firmware for a linear temperature compensated output and a reasonable chance of functioning in a rebreather loop given careful placement.

What is the best source for the sensor you showed? Your pic is from the CO2 analyzer page at temc: DE-OX® BIO: digital carbon dioxide analyzer - Temc Hopefully temc might sell the sensors even though one doesn't own one of their analyzers...

While the temc sensor *internals* are apparently from Gas Sensor, Gas Sensors, Infrared Gas Sensors, IR Sensors - Dynament , the sensor housing doesn't appear to be. The stock dynament sensors are different:
View attachment 162109

Anyway, I'd give it a shot. Until now I haven't been sufficiently interested to buy up a bunch of different sensors in the search for a solution -- enough people seem to be doing, or have already done, exactly this (moreover, with the promise of a commercial product companies can of course specify needed features in the sensor that may not be available when simply re-purposing available sensor technology, which, back to the present thread, potentially makes the "temc" sensor interesting).

Contact TEMC and buy CO2 Sensor and Board or wait for the Tecme to be released.

See video: www.vimeo.com/31914685

If you want a 2nd hand TEMC CO2 Sensor and board I have a spare one to sell.

You can look in my forum for pics. and videos of the way I implemented it in my rebreather.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom