Clx 450

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dynobob

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I purchased a CLX450 with a knife pocket sewn on the upper thigh- what type of knife/sheath do you recommend? or what knife fits the best?

dynobob

Hi Dynobob,

What type of knife pocket did you have installed? We have the zipper pocket with knife sheath. This will hold up to a 4" knife. You use the webbing as the sheath. We also have a knife pocket - small, medium, large.

the knife pocket is 11.5 inches long and 5 inches wide. It is not zippered. It has a velcro retainer on the inside of the access hole. What is the best fitting knife/sheath. Thankyou

dynobob

Hi Dynobob,

That sounds like a large knife pocket. We have an image up at http://www.dui-online.com/images/acc_kps.jpg

I am not sure what is the 'best' knife for this pocket. You can use a number of different ones. The idea is that the knife sheath is safely tucked into the pocket. The Velcro secures the sheath into place. You can than easily remove and return your knife during your dive. The top of the pocket goes over the knife and prevents grass, kelp and plants from getting snagged on the knife.

Personally I really like this pocket.

Hope that helps.

Kathy at DUI

Back
Top Bottom