Close call in the dressing room

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw this thread a month ago but didn't comment. Why? Too close to home for me. After receiving my 7mm two piece from Scuba Toys I couldn't wait to check the fit.

Fate determined that the box arrived one afternoon while I'm working from my home office. There we were, me and the box in an empty house. What would you do? I tried it on and it fit better than any suit I'd owned in the past. Nice and flexible but, you know, snug. Good fit.

I pulled an arm out to the wrist and it stopped. Hmmmm. Where's my buddy now? OK. Let's try the other arm. OK. Now I'm doing a fair impersonation of Harry Houdini trying to get out of the strait jacket. Here goes a little panic dance. Still stuck. The panic dance didn't work but all of this sweat should slicker me right out of this damn thing. Right?

Just before I unsheathed my dive knife to end this episode I flexed a shoulder muscle in a way that it wasn't designed to flex and freed an arm.

I had to laugh as I tried to imagine this happening while someone videotaped it, or it happened at an LDS. It's loosened a bit with use (or my body's trained better) and I can whip it on and off easily.

I felt, at the time, that I was the only one that ever "self rescued" from an exposure suit.

Dave

only problems I've had luckily is wanting to sing soprano after finding out that a man that's 6'4 is alot longer in the torso that what a suit for a 6'0 diver can accomodate. xxl bad xxxl baggy but good.

I would have gotten a reply off minutes ago, but couldn't type through the tears of laughter..A 7mm Henderson Farmer John requires a bit of work to don and doff, but I pride myself on being self reliant. On the warmer days, I set my gear on the dock and remove the wetsuit in the water. After losing my footing (with the suit doubled over for about 6 inches around my ankles), I immediately initiated recovery proceedures which , with 2 foot waves throwing me against the dock, was limited to doing a dolphin kick with 4 feet of very bouyant wetsuit following my every move. Fortunately, my neighbor was cruising the shore of the lake with friends, and performed a flawless close terrain-following maneuver with the throttle set at "gawking" speed, allowing them to fully appreciate how close to the shore one must swim to beach oneself with a trim upper body and all that floaty stuff around your feet.

Log entry 227.:shakehead MOD for 7mm removal is 4 ft, decreased by 1 ft for each 1 ft of wave height, and 2 ft for each boatload of laughing neighbors within visual range.

:lol: :lol: :11: :lol: :lol:

It is so nice to know that I am not alone

thanks guys

Cheryl

PS I know there are no pics of mine but Billtodive are there pics of you?

billtodive:
I would have gotten a reply off minutes ago, but couldn't type through the tears of laughter..A 7mm Henderson Farmer John requires a bit of work to don and doff, but I pride myself on being self reliant. On the warmer days, I set my gear on the dock and remove the wetsuit in the water. After losing my footing (with the suit doubled over for about 6 inches around my ankles), I immediately initiated recovery proceedures which , with 2 foot waves throwing me against the dock, was limited to doing a dolphin kick with 4 feet of very bouyant wetsuit following my every move. Fortunately, my neighbor was cruising the shore of the lake with friends, and performed a flawless close terrain-following maneuver with the throttle set at "gawking" speed, allowing them to fully appreciate how close to the shore one must swim to beach oneself with a trim upper body and all that floaty stuff around your feet.

Log entry 227.:shakehead MOD for 7mm removal is 4 ft, decreased by 1 ft for each 1 ft of wave height, and 2 ft for each boatload of laughing neighbors within visual range.

Be thankful. At least it wasn't an ex-girlfriend with her new beau in tow and him jumping to your rescue. :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom