Close call in the dressing room

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got trapped in a drysuit once during a dive team call. I was struggling to breath and my head was trapped in the neck seal. I was trying to make an airway and not have to transition to the full blown panic mode. A quick thinking buddy came over to assist. With a mighty tug he extricated my head from the suit and tore the ligaments in his elbow, resulting in a lost time workman's comp case and an operation. Once in a while he reminds me how he saved my life...

I have a story, while at commercial diving school in Seattle. I had another student asked to have his drysuit unzipped so he could change. Before he went to go change he was asked if he wanted to take someone elses place and dive again. So he didnt think twice put on his hard hat and in he went, weight belt and all. Needless to say he was a bit wet the rest of the day, because he wore is street clothes in it. The water was 38

heheheh

i was telling people on the weekend what i did recently!

lesson: NEVER try on someone elses drysuit in the middle of a aussie summer while home ALONE!

at some point i was trying to get the arm cuff caught in the sliding wardrobe door so i get my arm out and getting carpet burns while sliding on my back around the room to get the suit off my shoulder!

this was between thoughts of putting a hose into the suit to avoid heat exhaustion and hubby coming home and finding me lying on the floor in a pool of sweat and tears

i earned the L award that day! :D

This still holds, in my book, as one of the most hysterical threads ever on SB.

Misplaced Priority:
STILL STUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused: :D

call me selfish but i hope you never make it out of that suit...:D
thanks for bringing this thread back to life!

now, does anyone know the proper treatment for sprained stomach muscles as a result of laughing so hard????

just remember.... if sprained muscles occur whilst reading online at work then its a workplace injury and therefore you are covered by insurance :D

and you guys have summer coming up... lots more stories of new gear coming up!

Scubajackie:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaJackie
...not a "dressing room" story exactly but your post caused me to remember an incident on a dive boat many years ago.

A woman was up under the awning of the boat attempting to remove her wet suit layers. When it came to the hooded vest she did the same as you ...and grasped the bottom edge, pulling it up and over her head in one fell swoop. Only problem was that her bathing suit top (it was a 2 piece) went along for the ride. Need I say more ??

There she stood, entoombed in neoprene well up over her eyebrows but otherwise flapping in the breeze, as it were.

You just had to be there ...

'Slogger
ItsBruce:
Is there a "right thing" for the other divers on the boat to do in a situation like this? I went through the Rescue Diver Manual and found nothing of use.

Should one help remove the offending vest?
Should one help replace the offending vest?
Should one simply wrap a towel around the victim?
Should one ask if the victim needs assistance?
Or should one simply pretend did not notice so that the victim can pretend it didn't happen?

"Tune in Tokyo"<== Ber Rabbit get's credit for that one :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom