Clipping off light head

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boomer7

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What is everyone using on the back of the light head when you are clipping off with a double ender? I tied an O ring but it was to soft nad streched. I picked up a 1/2 inch ring. I think it should work; no metal to metal connections.

Brian

Boomer7:
What is everyone using on the back of the light head when you are clipping off with a double ender?
I think most folks just make a loop with regular old cave line.

1/4" bungie works well. A ring about the size of a quarter. Cave line is fine with bare hands, but with dry gloves something stiff enough to hold its shape by itself is nice.

I know people using O-rings too, same size as a DIN reg I think.

I use black 3/16" bungee.

I use a DIN o-ring, and it hasn't stretched out on me yet.

Bungie loop with a drop of super-glue to secure the knot.

Problem with an o-ring is that it can break ... when I had my Helios 9 I used an o-ring. And when it broke the light head fell onto the pavement, shattering the bulb. Cost me $150 to replace the bulb.

Now I use cave line.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I use bungee as well. I make a loop secured with a square knot, and I tie it to the back of the light with another square knot, then I burn the sheath that covers the inner rubber so that it covers the exposed rubber (make sense?).

All made from a continuous piece of bungee with no quick releases or other failure points :wink:

Thanks for all the info. I have tried the bungie tiedon with cave line and it just did not work well. TsandM did your instructor this weekend ok the o ring?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom