Clear Springs attractions, mythical coffin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We normally inhabit the Rescue Dock/Plane area and/or those 2 mid channel platforms so our tours are always in the north end of the lake. We see the coffin alot.

Once we had a group of OW students doing the tour....one of the students was a Jr OW diver, a young boy. When we surfaced, he commented on how cold the water was down by the coffin, and asked why the water was so cold down there. I told him "It was the icy grip of Death's cold hand"....the look of horror on his face was priceless.

Classic!!!

I saw the coffin once because I bumped into it on a dive late last summer when the vis was about 3'. I was not looking for it. There is no question that it is there, the only real question is: Who's in it??

Last edited:
We can't tell you....otherwise you'd join the others we crammed in there.......

kidding

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I know where everything is, but I usually stay away from it all, just cuz that's where other people tend to be. I rather like exploring totally alone and enjoy the solitude.....

Some of us have been planning to sink some new features out in the Pond @ CSSP in the coming months. Don't ask what......... just keep looking. Points, Rewards, Beer, ..... depends on the find and how quiet you keep the location :wink:

i know where everything is, but i usually stay away from it all, just cuz that's where other people tend to be. I rather like exploring totally alone and enjoy the solitude.....

Loner! ! !

Loner! ! !

Some of us have to be. Most of us don't have hot chicks standing in line to dive with us like you do :mooner:

You might be surprised, Firefyter. All the times I've visited the coffin, I was the only one there.

I know where everything is, but I usually stay away from it all, just cuz that's where other people tend to be. I rather like exploring totally alone and enjoy the solitude.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom