Clear Springs attractions, mythical coffin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lgroach

New
Reaction score
So I've been searching for this mythical coffin everytime I've been to clear springs this year, been there 6 times this year, dedicated about 15 dives to finding this thing. I have not seen any pictures of it from anybody that has found it, although there are many pictures of the boats, shark, mine, even the ST bomb. I am really beginning to believe this coffin is an elaborate hoax that has turned into urban legend.

Yes I've heard it gets moved, but from my understanding is the owner of CSSP, is not a diver, so if true, it wouldn't be him moving it. If it is there and is moved, then who decides when and where to move it?

So, to debunk this myth, is there even a photo of it anywhere?

The coffin is there, I've been to it at least three times. I thought someone posted a picture once, but don't remember for sure. It's up toward's the north end. Usuallly people find it from the rescue dock, I think it's down around 40 feet or so. There are some on the board, (texdiveguy, Richerso) that have coordinates, but whether or not they will share them.... I don't know.:wink:

Good Luck
Rhonda

Yes, it's the real deal.

2581859687_f9d943f892_o.jpg

Just put some
tags on it

Just looks better :D

and ...

2581859577_a159bd205c_o.jpg

thanks, 300bar :)

OK, now that i know it exists, i'm even more determined to find the darn thing!

I have seen it about three times while working with Rescue classes up at the north end. Unfortunately, I have never been able to pop up to take bearings.
BTW: Robert IS a diver. Does not get to dive much, but he is certified. I have talked with him about that myself.
Tom

The coffin case is there....I have seen it on several occassions over the years! Good Luck

Didn't take any pictures, but we found the coffin just yesterday. It was further south and west of the plane than we thought it would be.

Funny thing is that we were planning on starting our search from the nose of the plane based upon the map they have hanging in the Diver's Deli. Well, we dropped in just north of the platforms and started heading towards the plane and just came accross the coffin in less than 3 minutes into the dive. So, we continued to the plane, then backtracked to the boats and from there went on to find the underwater mine.

Only thing that I haven't found so far (that I know of) is the Alligator!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom