class syllabus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LollyO

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am looking for a basic scuba class syllabus or outline detailing chronological order and skills and the order they are performed. I am especially interested in SDI and PADI. But would appreciate any all. I would like to see how similar and different they are.

It seems to me that all organizations should require about the same thing in the same order, but I dont think that is necessarily true.

Thanks,

You are correct in that the order of skills and lessons are not taught in the same order or even taught at all in every agency. Some do not teach rescue skills for example. Some do not expect you to teach yourself with large amounts of self study and few short classroom sessions. There are also those who will not put you in open water until you are completely comfortable and have the skills down to where you can perform them in a horizontal position off the bottom as opposed to kneeling on the bottom and doing them. A few agencies require you to be able to pass a swim test before you will even be allowed on scuba.
I cannot post the syllabus for the OW class I teach here, it is 7-8 pages long. If you'd like PM me your email and I can send it to you. It lists the areas of study, skills, training requirements, and qualifications needed for certification.

LollyO:
It seems to me that all organizations should require about the same thing in the same order, but I dont think that is necessarily true.

There are lots of differences in what is required from one agency to another. As for the order of presentation, most agencies leave that completely up to the instructor, but some are more rigid in their order of presentation.

I cannot post the syllabus for the OW class I teach here, it is 7-8 pages long. If you'd like PM me your email and I can send it to you. It lists the areas of study, skills, training requirements, and qualifications needed for certification.

Thanks, Please email me at LollyOscuba@gmail.com.

Back
Top Bottom