Clarks Hill/Thurmond Lake, Augusta, GA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveprof

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Wonderful dive today @ e.dam. Temps are improving. Lots of nice fish including mega ones - sorry no locations to be provided due to fishermen and spearfishermen reading . Temps are up to 51 and vis was 15'. We did a 59 min dive to max depth of 100'. We dove the 30' ledge, angel statue, trench, 100' wall, N. wall, big stump, pine tree, pipe and back to the 30' ledge and pool filters before the safety stop. Nice air temp post dive. Doing it again at 1p tomorrow.

Hopefully be able to get down there again this summer and dive with you guys when the temps are up a bit. Hopefully the vis is up from the last time we dove together lol.

Vis has been good lately. Hopefully it will continue. We dove Jocassee today and had fairly good vis. Come join us when you can.

Will do. Was down last weekend however we were so busy cleaning up (trimming trees and general outdoor work) I was unable to. I will let you know when I will be in town again.

Nice dives yesterday and this afternoon (after the rain stopped). Water temp is warming. It is 58 at the surface now and 49 at depth. Today we dove the 35' ledge. The budda rock and cow skull rock had 100s of small hatchlings. We dive the Angel statue, trench and the headed South on the 80' wall. After the dive flag log we dropped down to 112' and saw a nice catfish. We then returned to the 80'wall, on to the 3 big rocks and the airplane. We dove in and about the plane a bit and then headed to the ski boat. Several stripers along the way and some bluegills in the rocks afterward. Dive time was 55 min. Air temp was 48 and cloudy. Vis was good at 10' or so.

A nice dive today. 60 minutes at max depth of 100'. Nice and sunny with a bit of wind. Tomorrow will be even better. The lake is just a little over a foot from full pool. Lot of water into the lake this past week with the rain. Vis was about 6-8' in the shallows but opened up to 10-15' below 70' (significant temp drop too). Temps were in the mid upper 50's above 70- and in the upper 40s at depth. We dove the 30-40' ledge,. Lots of small stuff around the budda rock and cow skull rock. We dropped down to the angel statue-lots of small stuff there too. Then it was through the trench and down to the 100' wall. Nice cats on the wall. We dove most of the 100' wall then up to the N.wall and big stump, pine tree, pipe, then back down to the angel statue and 40' ledge, pool filters, 3 big rocks and upward to exit. Covered a lot of area today. Several cats, large gar, and other stuff. Nice day. We are diving again tomorrow at 1pm.

A nice dive today. 60 minutes at max depth of 100'. Nice and sunny with a bit of wind. Tomorrow will be even better. The lake is just a little over a foot from full pool. Lot of water into the lake this past week with the rain. Vis was about 6-8' in the shallows but opened up to 10-15' below 70' (significant temp drop too). Temps were in the mid upper 50's above 70- and in the upper 40s at depth. We dove the 30-40' ledge,. Lots of small stuff around the budda rock and cow skull rock. We dropped down to the angel statue-lots of small stuff there too. Then it was through the trench and down to the 100' wall. Nice cats on the wall. We dove most of the 100' wall then up to the N.wall and big stump, pine tree, pipe, then back down to the angel statue and 40' ledge, pool filters, 3 big rocks and upward to exit. Covered a lot of area today. Several cats, large gar, and other stuff. Nice day. We are diving again tomorrow at 1pm.

All I can say is WOW , cant wait till I can dive 100 ft. for an hour . Sounds like a great dive.

All I can say is WOW , cant wait till I can dive 100 ft. for an hour . Sounds like a great dive.

Just to clarify, it is a multilevel dive (entire dive was not at 100') and we often dive steel 100's as in this case.

Beautiful day today and a total of nine divers enjoyed the mild air temps for the SI. We dove in three groups. My group of three decided to go deep. We dove the 30-40 ledge, angel statue and then cut across to the 80' wall, We dove a bit of it before heading deeper. No lights needed on the 80' wall today. Very good vis at depth though the shallower depths were only 6' or so in places (though about 10' on the rocks and plane). After diving a bit of the 80' wall we headed deeper to 120', the up to the wing tank, 3 big rocks and plane. Then on to the ski boats a time in the shallows for an extended safety stop. Dive time was 59 minutes. Dive two involved our group of 6 and was the same route as the first - just omitted the journey down to 120'. It was max depth of 88' and dive time of 52 min. Some cats, bass and small stuff.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom