Chucho Divers in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
When we returned from our 10 day trip to Cozumel, Aug 2, we moved- immediately- and I have not had internet to post about my trip other than what I posted on Texas Swamp Diver's forum from Coz. I sent the following review to Chucho Divers to use as a testimonial on their website, and thought I needed to share with my fellow cozumelholics. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. Thanks, and hope some ofyou contact them- they are a small operation, about 3 yrs old, although the owner and divemasters have many years experience in Cozumel.

"First, the videographer Miguel, of Cozumel Underwater Video
made THE ULTIMATE BEST video we have ever had made on Cozumel, or
anywhere underwater, for that matter. We waited 4 weeks for it to arrive, but once it got here all was forgiven, as it is soooo good. He is a true professional, and
took great care with special effects, editing, music, and totally
captured the spirit and beauty of Cozumel for us. We could not be
more pleased! He did a truly magnificent
job he did and we will call him on all of our trips to Cozumel! We loved his back roll shot of his fins, and the descent and ascent
views are awesome, as he shows the sky erupt on ascent, and disappear under the water on descent. We love the swim through view he chose, and the view at
the last of the dvd with my husband and myself almost looked like we
were dancing, silhouetted against the sun, while on our safety stop.
It is so cool, I can't even describe.
We can also say the same about Jesus, Pedro, Julio, and all the other
great divers and friends we met while diving with Chucho Divers July
24-30, 2009!! This crew was professional, hard-working, fun, and did
everything necessary to make sure that our group of 3 couples had the
time of our lives!!! They were always on time to greet us in the
morning, at our hotel pier, with smiles on their faces, and safety on
their minds. My husband and myself had planned the trip for us to
take with our friends, all 4 whom were new divers. Pre-planning was so
easy with Christy at the helm! She handled all arrangements
efficiently, accurately, and courteously, very professional. When we
arrived for our first dives, the crew helped with all of our gear, and
were always ready to lend a helping hand on and off the boats, piers,
and dive boat ladders. They took us to some amazing reefs and the
divemasters pointed out all the life down below, including not only my
first seahorse, but four seahorses over the course of the trip! In
many trips to Cozumel, I have never seen a seahorse, so it was very
special. We saw a huge nurse shark (maybe 2 ft snout), eel, baracuda, and all of the
beautiful tropicals you would hope to see, along with many turtles on
this trip. The snacks during surface intervals were fresh fruits and
plenty of cold water, this was delicious. They took us to a nice
beach to relax and get off the boat for a while, if we wanted. They
also took care of our gear, and we really appreciated this special
touch. All in all, it was sad to say goodbye when we left the boat
after our last dives! We want to say thank you to Christi, and
everyone at Chucho Divers for making our dream vacation a wonderful
memory that will stay with us always. Thank you, thank you, thank you
for your most wonderful service! We hope to return to Cozumel very
soon, to dive with you again and again!"

There are many great dive ops on Cozumel, but I put Christi's BlueXTSea and Chucho Divers at the top of my satisfaction list. Happy diving, all- lucky us who get to dive at Cozumel! We are blessed.

Hey Foo how are you doing? Excellent write up on Chucho (Jesus). I couldnt have said it better! When do you guys plan on going down again? We had such an excellent time, that on the flight home we were trying to put together a December trip. We enjoyed meeting you all so much. Our dinner together was so fun. We haven't laughed like that for a long time. Your husband is a NUT! Too much fun. Would love to meet up with you all again in cozumel. Awesome dives and awesome friends.

Been meaning to get in here and do this myself. Nice review! Four of us all new divers went with Chucho in August. We had the time of our lives. The care they took with everyone made us all feel safe. I swear I learned more in 5 days with them then in my dive classes. Of course we did 13 dives so that helped. Got to see everything on my list as well. Truly a great time. The 4 of us are all around 50 years old and don't move as fast as someone younger, that never bothered Chucho. Christi is fabulous to deal with I know she always had an answer to our questions. No sense repeating everything you said but again they took care of our gear everyninght as well. We are definately going back again next year.
We also enjoyed staying at the FA. Didn't get the meal plan so we only ate breakfast there. Found the Money Bar was awesome for supper though.

islandopah forgot to mention the drinks at the "Money Bar" they are great, and with the Happy Hour two for one you can’t go wrong. Another nice thing, Chucho dropped us off at the Money Bar pier are our night dive. What a great night cap.:D

I don't remember when it started I think 4. I do remember that it ends about 7. Awesome mojitos

It is located 1000 yards north of the Fiesta Americana Cozumel Dive Resort.
A nice little walk after a nice dinner, and more than a few drinks.:cheers:

I'm going to send this link to Miguel He will be very pleased. He's such a great videographer and very artistic.
Check out this one he took of the Eagle Rays in Cozumel! Just beautiful. I love it.

Eagle Ray Video by Miguel Angel Reyes

Wish we could see your video. Sounds like you had a great time!

Chucho Divers has joined Scuba Board! Thank you all for the wonderful comments about our diving operation :D We hope you all return soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom