Christmas weekend in Florida recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmax

Registered
Reaction score
My wife and I are newly certified. We have to be in Orlando with her family starting Monday evening the 29th. Any suggestions for a good dive spot and op for the weekend of the 27th and 28th? We're flying down from NY, and we don't mind flying to Miami or something first. Thanks!

Hey, I work for a dive charter in SE Fl. and can highly recommend the reefs between Palm Beach and and Boca Raton, specifically Boynton. The reefs in this area remain fairly healthy, unlike much of the reefs found to the south. We host quite a few dive groups from Orlando, and much of the rest of Florida for that matter. It would be about a 2hr. 45min. drive, or fly into West Palm. I encourage you to read up on the area, type Boynton and Diving into a search engine such as yahoo.com to learn more.:blfish:

We may have to look you up while we are in the area.

My buddy and I have friends in Boca Raton, and we stayed with them last November for some diving (and training) in Pompano with Anchor Scuba. We also went down to Key Largo for a few days and dove with Horizon Divers.

We are heading to Key Largo again on Christmas 2003, returning to California on New Year's Day. (my governor can kick your governor's butt *laughing*) The plan is to stay and dive in Key Largo, but I would like to get up to Boca Raton and dive at least once in the WPB area. I have marked your website and I will check it when I get time.

Later,

Wristshot

--*showing ignorance & diverting the thread slightly*--

Where is Devil's Den? I am coming from California, and I will be staying in Key Largo, but I have absolutely no clue where the Devil's Den is.

I know that I could search the archives, but I am too lazy. . . er. . too busy. How far is that from Key Largo?

Wondering. . . .

Wristshot

I love the diving available in the Ft. Lauderdale area. I recommend boat diving and when I was there I used Southeast Oceanic Services in Dania Beach.

Julie

Yes indeed Keys diving can be the best....wrecks & reefs from 20 feet to 300 feet.

Of course I am partial to the less crowded more pristine reefs in the Lower Keys. :tease:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom