¡Christmas Norte!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you. I called the airline daily for 5 days and they said the flights were “go.” The last-minute cancellation of the DEN-CZM segment was not due to weather in Denver, which was OK (though maybe influenced by conditions in Cozumel?). Weather was never cited BTW. It appears there was some sort of sickout by ramp workers in Denver. The DEN ops manager told me that LAX should never have checked us in. Back home now anyway.

I’ll call the airline when things settle and request some fair compensation. Will try the trip again in March.
Only one article reporting

By looks of it (webcam at Presidente) the port opened to smaller boats at 10AM. Mad rush out of port.

The pool is open.

You'll probably have to file your claim in writing, and the sooner you do the sooner they'll get to you.

Then you are entitled to a full refund and I would also request personal compensation.
Requested. Looking at early March dates to make this trip actually happen, though would prefer to get the refund handled first. Thanks for the excellent advice.

By looks of it (webcam at Presidente) the port opened to smaller boats at 10AM. Mad rush out of port.
It was pretty darn cold, wet and miserable here today. I was teaching a yin yoga class today and a guy came up to me after the class. He asked me if I was a diver and I told him yes. He then told me that he had met me at a Scubaboard dinner 8 years ago. He was supposed to dive today, he said, but bailed due to how cold he would be at the surface.

I feel sorry for everyone affected. My dive this week was cancelled since the rest of the divers booked this week had their flight cancelled and no ability to rebook during their approved vacation. Ripple effects of this craziness.

Then you are entitled to a full refund and I would also request personal compensation.
That's your opinion and I hope the airline agrees with you, but I do not see it as iron clad. SWA definitely has had its problems with this winter storm, and much of it is a ripple effect of planes and crews being stranded in the wrong airports. Many flights are cancelled here in Austin today, both arriving and departing, even though the weather is fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom