Christi's Restaurant list - updated...but not exhaustive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Parilla Mission....very very yummy, very inexpensive. Also, El Moro....shrimp on a wire...very good, very unique. And after dinner, they comped us a shot of ..sp...Xtabintun..a Mexican Liquor, honey and anise...very very nice stuff. Had to find a bottle and bring it home with us!

I have used Christi's list in the past and it has been several years since my last visit. Anybody know if it has been updated somewhere in the forums? It is a bit dated, just in case I might need to visit a newer location.

I have used Christi's list in the past and it has been several years since my last visit. Anybody know if it has been updated somewhere in the forums? It is a bit dated, just in case I might need to visit a newer location.

Cozumel Diving: Blue XT SEA Diving, Cozumel Mexico

This one I believe is a bit more updated.

EDIT: Old post but still relevant information

Last edited:

OK - I've updated what was there already with corrected addresses and I've deleted a few places that have either closed or are no longer on "my" list of recommendations :) I have several to add with descriptions and addresses - but I'll have to do it another time - it's late :) In the meantime, some of these places off the top of my head that will be added are:
Kinta
Prima
Los Otates
Rock-n-Java Thai noodle bar
El Bistro
Albertos
La Candela

Christi’s Restaurant List (in no particular order)

* right around $5 or less ** $5 to $15 * ** $10 to $15 **** $10 to $30+

**La Choza – NEW LOCATION - Av. 10 between Calle 3 and Rosada Salas Open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Yucatecan style Mexican food – Shrimp Chile Rellenos, and fajitas are among my favorites.

**Sonora Grill – Corner of Av. 15 and Benito Juarez. Open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner.
Mexican Seafood and traditional fare. Sonora shrimp and garlic shrimp are my favorites. (I actually haven't been here in quite awhile - but I'm sure it's still good)

**El Moro – back in the hood…just tell the taxi driver the name of the restaurant Open for lunch and dinner, closed on Thursdays. Traditional and local Mexican food with a great seafood selection. Consommé de Moro, shrimp on a wire, and Mole Enchiladas are my favorites. Try the fried bananas as a desert or appetizer.

*El Pique – Av. 30 between Benito Juarez and Calle 2 (across from San Francisco) Open 7 days a week for dinner only. My favorite taco stand. Tacos el Pastor or beef tacos with cheese, serape style

*Las Palmas (cocina economica) – corner of Av. 25 and Calle 3 Cheap eats for lunch only Monday through Saturday. My favorite is the Chicken Relleno.

*Chilangos – Av. 10 between Calle 11 and Calle 15 Open for lunch only Monday through Friday. Another cheap local eats place. Daily specials vary.

*Camilo’s – Av 5 between Calle 2 and Calle 4 Open 7 days a week from 10:00am to 7:00pm
One of my very favorites! Seafood tacos and tortas. My favorites are the shrimp tacos or shrimp torta.

**** Guido’s – Main waterfront between Calle 6 and Calle 8 Open Monday through Saturday for lunch and dinner. Another favorite. Not to be missed. Excellent calzones, pizza, and I typically order the daily seafood special. The ne remodel is really beautiful and creates an even nicer environment than before.

**** French Quarter – Av. 5 between Adolpho Rosada Salas and Calle 3 Open Wednesday through Monday (closed on Tuesdays) for dinner only + a nice bar area ith a great bartender named Jan who hails from Chicago! Steaks, seafood, Cajun style dishes. Orleans chicken and the pork tenderloin are my favorites here. .

*****La Cocay – A true culinary delight in a warm elegant setting. Calle 8 between Av. 10 & Av. 15
Here is my official review  http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread...16#post1192416 Napa Salad, Pork Tenderloin, Pepper Crusted Sashimi Tuna, and Filet Mignon, Calamari rings sautéed in basil and garlic, Duck spring rolls with tropical corn, tomato, and mango salsa, Garlic Shrimp Tapas, Tequila Sautéed Shrimp with Roasted Nopal and chile de arbol, Plantain Crusted Fish with Honey Glaze and Cilantro Rice and lightly steamed veggies. Hungry yet???

***Especias – Calle 3 between Av. 5 & Av. 10 upstairs. Open Monday through Saturday for dinner only. Adrian is one of the best hosts on the island. This is a fusion of Mexican/Argentenian and exotic flavors. My favorites are the cilantro fish or chicken, or Shrimp Zambal.

**Casa Denis – in the main square. Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. One of the oldest restaurants in Cozumel. Shrimp fajitas or Enchiladas suizas.

**Rock-n-Java – Located on the waterfront just south of Punta Langosta mall (Carlos & Charlies). Open Monday through Sunday 7:00am until 10:00pm, close at 2:00 on Saturdays. GREAT spot for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Everything from eggs and bacon to gourmet pastas and vegetarian specialties. In my opinion, Lisa makes the very best Veggie burgers on the planet, even for the non-vegetarian!! Try the homemade breads and deserts too!

**La Mission ON 30th!! – NOT to be mistaken with La Mission downtown or Casa Mission – located on Av. 30 between Calle 2 and Calle 4, just north of the Super San Francisco grocery store. Open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner. True local and traditional Mexican food at a budget everyone can afford! My favorite is the Mexican combo plate!

Thank you Christi. It makes searching for new places a bit easier. So far we have hit a few on the list and some a bit off.

You are the best.

We also enjoy La Candela- I think it is owned by the same family that owns La Choza, ask for the meal of the day- a good deal and cheaper than the menu fare

and El Foco, close by the main square and an awesome little taco shop!

The experts here can provide directions- I can find them both, but I have no idea where they are!

I 2nd your opinion in Camillos. The food wasn't really good at all and they charged us tourist prices 2 margaritas were $18 us they were large but hardly any alcohol and not worth $18. It must have gone downhill a lot.

I'd add Abeulo Gerardo's, just off the square. And to be contrary, I had one of the worst meals I've ever eaten in Cozumel at Casa Denis.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom